none
PWA URL on Backstage View RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a limit to the length of the PWA url in Project Professional Backstage View? It is a small thing but bugs me, so I am guessing its a bug! :)

Everything works as it should, except the URL assigned to the PWA link next to File > Info > Manage Accounts has been truncated! The complete URL, which is a FQDN displays correctly in Configure Accounts and is accessible. The link that is created in the Project Server Accounts, where it says to "Go to Project Web App: is truncated therefore inaccessible.

Any ideas how and/or where to correct this? Couldn't find it in the registry.

VergeOn Callistus Lucien He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors - Thomas Jefferson

Wednesday, December 26, 2012 8:53 PM

Answers

• Happy Holidays Callistus,

You are able to open PWA through Project Pro in 2013 version without any trouble. Whereas in Project Server/Pro 2010, when you try to open PWA from the Project Pro it does open PWA, only if the URL of PWA is upto 40 characters.

In order to achieve this (it is complicated, but certainley possible) make sure that the URL of PWA doesn't increase more than 40 characters.

Please reply if it doesn't answer your question.

Regards,

Jignesh

Request you click Mark As Answer; if this post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful; if this post has been useful to you.

Saturday, December 29, 2012 10:04 PM

All replies

• Hi Callistus,

It's not a bug. Hyperlink displayed on Info page (below the Project Server Accounts) is name of the Profile name you have entered. When you have configured the account you might entered Account name as URL of your PWA site. Give appreciate profile name like Prod PWA or TEST PWA and enter PWA URL  below. You can add multiple profile similar to outlook profiles and select choose an account while starting to select specific profile.

Hope this helps.

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful; if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, December 26, 2012 9:19 PM
  • Hi Hrishi, thank you for taking the time to respond. Unfortuately, this does not help. I've configured the profile. Like I stated earlier everything is configured and works, except for the link of the PWA profile...it gets truncated. So when you click on it, you are taken to a page that obviously doesn't exist.

I was curious to know whether I could correct the link that is created for the PWA profile on the Backstage view. For example: let us say the url is http://srvrname.level03.lv2.registerdoman.com:77/pwa/, in Backstage for the PWA link it shows as http://srvname.level03.lv2.registerdoma.../

VergeOn - Callistus Lucien He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors - Thomas Jefferson

Wednesday, December 26, 2012 11:11 PM
  • Happy Holidays Callistus,

You are able to open PWA through Project Pro in 2013 version without any trouble. Whereas in Project Server/Pro 2010, when you try to open PWA from the Project Pro it does open PWA, only if the URL of PWA is upto 40 characters.

In order to achieve this (it is complicated, but certainley possible) make sure that the URL of PWA doesn't increase more than 40 characters.

Please reply if it doesn't answer your question.

Regards,

Jignesh

Request you click Mark As Answer; if this post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful; if this post has been useful to you.

Saturday, December 29, 2012 10:04 PM
  • Thanks Jignesh and Happy Holidays and New Year to you.

Is this (the 40 character limit)  documented somewhere and I just missed it? and am I to assume that because it works in 2013 there is no plan to correct it in 2010?

Callistus

VergeOn - Callistus Lucien

Monday, December 31, 2012 5:24 PM
  • Hi Callistus,

As far as I know (I may be wrong) it will be just like that in 2010.

Regards,

Jignesh

Monday, December 31, 2012 8:31 PM