WSUS server no longer gets .NET updates RRS feed

• Question

• I noticed that my WSUS server is no longer getting .NET updates, it has been 2 months. I think I may have accidentally declined my .NET updates. When I go into Declined updates I see a bunch there from August. This brings up a few questions:

1) If you decline an update, apparently a bunch of .NET ones in this case, does that mean WSUS will never download future .NET updates to your WSUS server (they used to come as unapproved, which is correct.....then I would approve them). I don't think that is the case, but then why don't I have any .NET updates for the last couple of months (I have other security and critical updates).

2) Is the fix to my issue simply to Approve the ones showing as Declined? Will that also fix it going forward, meaning the .NET security\critical updates will start getting downloaded again and show up as unapproved?

Jason

Thursday, October 19, 2017 6:58 PM

Answers

• Hello,

1) No, declining one .NET update does not mean WSUS will never download .NET updates. 

I suggest you check whether ASP.NET production is still checked under Options. 

2) In my opinion, as this issue is not caused by declining update, I don't think this can fix the issue. But you can try it. 

I would like to suggest you check the last sync time for your WSUS server. After making sure the product is select and security update is selected, you can manually sync updates, and check whether you can get new update download. 

Regards,

Yan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Yan Li_ Monday, October 23, 2017 2:48 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jack Leidu Monday, October 23, 2017 3:04 PM
    Friday, October 20, 2017 3:05 AM

All replies

• Hello,

1) No, declining one .NET update does not mean WSUS will never download .NET updates. 

I suggest you check whether ASP.NET production is still checked under Options. 

2) In my opinion, as this issue is not caused by declining update, I don't think this can fix the issue. But you can try it. 

I would like to suggest you check the last sync time for your WSUS server. After making sure the product is select and security update is selected, you can manually sync updates, and check whether you can get new update download. 

Regards,

Yan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Jack Leidu Monday, October 23, 2017 3:04 PM
    Friday, October 20, 2017 3:05 AM
  • Also note that .NET updates are cumulative, so you only need to approve/install the latest one (they don't necessarily come out every month).

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/dotnet/2016/10/11/net-framework-monthly-rollups-explained/

-- Al

Friday, October 20, 2017 3:52 PM