none
Exchange 2010 through DPM 2010 - Manual Recovery Point Creation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We have an exchange 2010 sp1 setup and implemented Single DPM 2010 Server for backup. I have created one protection Group called for DAG Protection Group for all the mailbox servers database backup.

We faced some issues to take the backup of two databases in one of mailbox server. So, I tried manually create recovery point for those two databases.

Actaully I schduled Incremental Backup option while creating manual RP Creation, But Actually its running Fullbackup. I am not sure how its working.

Could you please let me know if you have an answer. Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Manoj

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 2:01 PM

Answers

• Manojkumar,

I ran a test and even with a 3 day retention and Expressfulls set to Monday at 8:00pm I only got express fulls each Monday at 8:00pm.  All other days in between were incrementals at the intervals I selected in the protection group settings. So to answer your question the DB full backup creation is taken from the Express Full schedule you designate in the protection group settings, not the retention range.  Thank you

Andy

Regards, A.Nadar, This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 9:42 PM

All replies

• The job you trigger is actually showing up as in the jobs monitor as "recovery points type:express full"?
    Friday, March 30, 2012 9:34 AM
  • Hi Marcus,

Thanks for your reply mail.

Actaully, When I start creating manual recovery point for one Exchange 2010 Database. Initially it shows as "Incremental Sync" in Jobs Monitor Tab, But after some time Rp type changing as " Full Backup".. I dont know why its changing.

Any Idea about that ?

Regards

Manoj.

Friday, March 30, 2012 11:19 AM
  • No, I have no idea why this is happening. Never had this kind of problem.
    Friday, March 30, 2012 12:16 PM
  • Bad luck for me..

Can you please check if you configured exchange 2010 backup and let me know.

Regards

Manoj

Monday, April 2, 2012 12:58 PM
  • Hi ,

Any Idea ?

Regards

Manoj

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 1:55 PM
  • Manoj,

Has there been a successful express full taken? If an Iniitial Replica was created successfully or the most recent Expressfull was successful then the incremental should work fine. However; the incremental has to have a good Expressful to reference for recovery. If the expressfull cannot be referenced then DPM may have to take a full copy to start from there. 

Regards, A.Nadar, This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, April 20, 2012 6:18 PM
  • Hi Andy,

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply.

Actually, We had schduled one database ( MBX01_DB08) incremental Backup, But, it got completed with express full backup.

Oldest Full Backup - 09/04/2012

Latest Full Backup - 23/04/2012

Protection Retention Period - 6 Days  and Daily Incremental backup and Weely full backup.

I suspect that, This database full backup creation depends on the retention period what we have confgiured in PG.

Is that right? If not, How its taking the backup. Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Monday, April 23, 2012 11:19 AM
  • Manojkumar,

I ran a test and even with a 3 day retention and Expressfulls set to Monday at 8:00pm I only got express fulls each Monday at 8:00pm.  All other days in between were incrementals at the intervals I selected in the protection group settings. So to answer your question the DB full backup creation is taken from the Express Full schedule you designate in the protection group settings, not the retention range.  Thank you

Andy

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 9:42 PM