Hostname Conflict in ATA Center RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have just installed the Lightweight ATA Gateway on all company domain controllers. It looks like all are up and running in the ATA Center, except for 2 servers that appear to be competing on the ATA Center. These servers have the same hostname, but are in different child domains. Ex: server01.child01.domain.local and server01.child02.domain.local. At any one time, only one of these servers is able to successfully connect to the ATA Center. When it is reinstalled on the missing server, it then kicks the other off the ATA Center. Restarting the service on the missing server returns an error stating service was unable to start. I don't see any way to resolve this by renaming the hosts within the ATA Center, and haven't been able to find anything about this issue by searching online. Has anyone else experienced this, and is there any way to resolve this without renaming the servers?

Thanks

Friday, January 5, 2018 3:41 PM

All replies

• Interesting.

The reason is that we index gateways by NetbiosName.

Since both servers has the same netbios name, the last installation (GW registration) wins.

Thanks for reporting this, I will open a card internally to track this.

I think it's the first time I see 2 DCs with the same netbios name on the same forest...

Sadly, for now I can't think of a workaround besides changing one of the DC's netbios name.

Eli

Friday, January 5, 2018 10:05 PM