IAG LoginPage Customization RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone :)

I am trying to get the IAG Login Page to accept a query string but it's not able to read it.    I disabled endpoint detection and made a blank test.asp file the "login page" in advanced trunk configuration for isolation purposes.  

https://iag.domain/var.asp?name=dennis

code

<%
    response.write("this is a test") & "<br>"

n1 =Request.QueryString("name")
    response.write n1

%>

Thanks!  I am guessing its something in IAG or IIS thats preventing this from working...  *researching now*

Friday, August 28, 2009 5:48 PM

Answers

• Hi Dennis,

If the query string is part of the initial HTTP requests sent to IAG, that is the HTTP request that begins the IAG session, then in your custom Login page (or in a custom Login.inc) you should be able to find this query string if you parse the value stored in the “g_orig_url” variable

HTH,

-Ran

• Marked as answer by Erez Benari Tuesday, September 1, 2009 5:56 PM
    Monday, August 31, 2009 9:00 PM

All replies

• Hi Dennis,

If the query string is part of the initial HTTP requests sent to IAG, that is the HTTP request that begins the IAG session, then in your custom Login page (or in a custom Login.inc) you should be able to find this query string if you parse the value stored in the “g_orig_url” variable

HTH,

-Ran

• Marked as answer by Erez Benari Tuesday, September 1, 2009 5:56 PM
    Monday, August 31, 2009 9:00 PM
  • Ran--

Your guidance is much appreciated; we went with your idea of using the g_orig_url and after significant code changes, we got it working.  To others, please note that these types of parameters are also blocked by URL Sets. To use ‘Name’ for example, we needed to add a URL set parameter rule under InternalSite rules to even use that.

Thanks

Wednesday, September 2, 2009 6:37 PM