none
Database Grooming RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Probably a silly questions but....

Could anyone please explain what the Database Grooming settings are for and what they do in the MOM console under global settings? I have set them and what I think should be happening isnt so if someone could please explain to me what they are for then I would probably be able to figure out whats going on if I have an issue etc.

Many Thanks

James

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 2:05 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for the post.

Database grooming refers to the process of deleting data from the MOM database and automatically resolving alerts. The grooming process is a SQLSERVERAgent batch job that resolves alerts or deletes the collected events, alerts, performance counters, and other events from the database.

You could fine more about Database grooming settings by visiting http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc180669.aspx

Hope this helps.

Miles

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, June 30, 2011 7:49 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for the post.

Database grooming refers to the process of deleting data from the MOM database and automatically resolving alerts. The grooming process is a SQLSERVERAgent batch job that resolves alerts or deletes the collected events, alerts, performance counters, and other events from the database.

You could fine more about Database grooming settings by visiting http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc180669.aspx

Hope this helps.

Miles

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, June 30, 2011 7:49 AM
  • Ahhh thats what I thought so its not working as it should!

I have it set to groom data older than 4 days and there are new alerts sitting there from 6 days ago!

Does anyone know how I can troubleshoot this?

Many Thanks

James

Thursday, June 30, 2011 9:26 AM
  • I now have alerts from 11 Days ago and I am unable to find out why...

Can anyone assist in this as I would like the grooming to be happy and work as it should so I can be happy :)

Any help is greatly appreciated

James

Tuesday, July 5, 2011 8:21 AM
  • Does anyone know why this is happening?

Many Thanks

James

Wednesday, July 6, 2011 12:10 PM