none
How to move AD user after account been disabled for 60 days? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Using the FIM Portal building blocks, is it possible to move an AD user to another OU after the AD account been disabled for 60 days?

Thanks,

SK

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 12:59 AM

All replies

• Yes, just built a set of users that are disabled for over 60 days and then create synchronization rule that works based TransitionIn to this set. Synch Rule moves user to another OU.

If you found my post helpful, please give it a Helpful vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an Answer.

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 5:48 AM
  • Thank you...however how do you actually "build a set of users that are disabled for over 60 days"?
    Wednesday, April 16, 2014 7:49 AM
  • You need to add additional attribute for user that is a DateTime attribute. Let's say this attribute would be "disabledDate".

So you create Set of users, where UserStatus is Disabled. You create an TransitionIn MPR that points to this Set and you create action workflow that put current date to "disabledDate" attribute on user.

Then you can create a Set, where user state is "Disabled" and "disabledDate" is prior to 60 days from now.

If you found my post helpful, please give it a Helpful vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an Answer.

• Proposed as answer by kmittal82 Wednesday, April 16, 2014 10:56 AM
    Wednesday, April 16, 2014 10:17 AM
  • Hi Dominik,

The process seems very clear except for this statement "create action workflow that put current date to "disabledDate" attribute on user"...

Which 'activity' in the Action Workflow should I use and how?

thank you

PS. do you think its possible to achieve this using the Outbound Scope Filter Rule method? probably not as the MV doesnt have a datetime attribute type...

• Edited by Shim Kwan Wednesday, April 23, 2014 3:50 AM
    Wednesday, April 23, 2014 2:26 AM
  • It would be "normal" Function Evaluator activity with [//Target/disabledDate] as Destination and as a current date source... you can take activity from tool4fim

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 11:47 AM
  • Thanks Dominik - looking at the available functions in Tools4FIM, are you referring to the 'AddToDate' function?

• Edited by Shim Kwan Thursday, April 24, 2014 4:18 AM
    Thursday, April 24, 2014 4:13 AM