Question with Schedule Task status views RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

We noticed that both State Views under Windows Scheduled Tasks show all objects in a Not Monitored state

Looks like ALL the Scheduled Tasks are discovered.

We could see 6110 scheduled task status.

Is it a possibility to show a state view only for Scheduled Tasks that are actually monitored?

(e.g like monitored Windows Services)

Regards,

Kumar B

Wednesday, March 4, 2020 2:47 PM

Answers

• Hi Kumar,

I assume you are using the Task Schedule MP from Raphael Burri:

Scheduled Task and PS Scheduled Job Management Pack – 1.2.0.500

What I would check is why those tasks are not monitored. What you can also do is do your own overrides according to the scheduled tasks types you need to discover and monitor. 

The fact that some are not monitored most probably means that the objects are dioscvered, but the monitors targeted at them are disabled. Indeed, when you check the MP Guide you see the following:

My recommendation would be to check to which calss the dioscvered objects belong, see if there are monitors targted at them and if Yes, enable those.

The other way of solving this is to disable the discovery of the objects you don't want to monitor.

Before doing that you will have to understand how the class model is built in the MP, so that you know which objects needs to be disabled:

I hope I could help you out. 

Regards,

(Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!) Blog: https://blog.pohn.ch/ Twitter: @StoyanChalakov

Wednesday, March 4, 2020 3:14 PM
  • Hi Kumar,

From the following guide, I notice the following monitors and rules are included in the MP Task_Scheduler_MP_1.2.0.500). Please go through the guide and find out the monitors or rule you want and enable them on the class of  related Task Scheduler.

Monitors:
    Last Result Successful Monitor
    Last Result Successful Monitor - PSJob Error Count
    Long Running Task Monitor
    Next Run Defined Monitor
    Next Scheduled Execution Skipped Monitor
    Triggers Defined Monitor
    Current Status Monitor (Windows 2003 only - legacy)
    Scheduled Tasks History Enabled Monitor

Rule:
    Scheduled Task Job Duration Collection Rule

https://thesystemcenterblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Task_Scheduler_MP_1.2.0.500.zip

Note: Non-Microsoft link, just for the reference.

Also, if there’s some Task_Scheduler you don’t want, you can disable the discovery on them.
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/562b75eb-2b3f-435f-a8be-56a1750f1af5/monitor-scheduled-tasks-with-scom-2016?forum=operationsmanagermgmtpacks

Hope it can help.

Best regards.
    Crystal   

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 5, 2020 2:29 AM

All replies

• Hi Kumar,

I assume you are using the Task Schedule MP from Raphael Burri:

Scheduled Task and PS Scheduled Job Management Pack – 1.2.0.500

What I would check is why those tasks are not monitored. What you can also do is do your own overrides according to the scheduled tasks types you need to discover and monitor. 

The fact that some are not monitored most probably means that the objects are dioscvered, but the monitors targeted at them are disabled. Indeed, when you check the MP Guide you see the following:

My recommendation would be to check to which calss the dioscvered objects belong, see if there are monitors targted at them and if Yes, enable those.

The other way of solving this is to disable the discovery of the objects you don't want to monitor.

Before doing that you will have to understand how the class model is built in the MP, so that you know which objects needs to be disabled:

I hope I could help you out. 

Regards,

(Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!) Blog: https://blog.pohn.ch/ Twitter: @StoyanChalakov

Wednesday, March 4, 2020 3:14 PM
  • Hi Kumar,

From the following guide, I notice the following monitors and rules are included in the MP Task_Scheduler_MP_1.2.0.500). Please go through the guide and find out the monitors or rule you want and enable them on the class of  related Task Scheduler.

Monitors:
    Last Result Successful Monitor
    Last Result Successful Monitor - PSJob Error Count
    Long Running Task Monitor
    Next Run Defined Monitor
    Next Scheduled Execution Skipped Monitor
    Triggers Defined Monitor
    Current Status Monitor (Windows 2003 only - legacy)
    Scheduled Tasks History Enabled Monitor

Rule:
    Scheduled Task Job Duration Collection Rule

https://thesystemcenterblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Task_Scheduler_MP_1.2.0.500.zip

Note: Non-Microsoft link, just for the reference.

Also, if there’s some Task_Scheduler you don’t want, you can disable the discovery on them.
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/562b75eb-2b3f-435f-a8be-56a1750f1af5/monitor-scheduled-tasks-with-scom-2016?forum=operationsmanagermgmtpacks

Hope it can help.

Best regards.
    Crystal   

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 5, 2020 2:29 AM
  • Hi Kumar,

How's everything going? Is there any update on our issue? If there's anything else we can help, feel free to let us know.

Best regards.

Crystal

Wednesday, March 11, 2020 10:11 AM