Firewire Sound card problems since rc build - what has changed? RRS feed

• Question

• I have had my Art Tubefire8 firewire working fine since the first beta release. After the initial problem of having to run the fw card in legacy driver mode but since the relase candidate I am getting constant glitching which seems connected to any disk drive activity.
    Something has been changed I guess and it has upset things with my card. There is no longer any need to reinstall the old legacy card driver to get the card recognized but it makes no difference if I switch to it. any ideas what has changed and what I can do to sort this constant glitching? The fw card is a Ti chipset by the way
    Wednesday, May 27, 2009 10:21 AM

Answers

• Does Action Center find any issues with it?
    Wednesday, May 27, 2009 1:28 PM
  • Shambolic,

I've read several posts on this forum complaining of slower FireWire transfer speeds since the RC. It seems as though this functionality has changed in this build, and it will likely be revised again in the final release.
    -Alex
    Thursday, May 28, 2009 5:38 PM

All replies

• Does Action Center find any issues with it?
    Wednesday, May 27, 2009 1:28 PM
  • Shambolic,

I've read several posts on this forum complaining of slower FireWire transfer speeds since the RC. It seems as though this functionality has changed in this build, and it will likely be revised again in the final release.
    -Alex
    Thursday, May 28, 2009 5:38 PM