Windows 7 and Windows server 2008 Remote Desktop Connection failed to save Password RRS feed

• Question

• I was trying to connect windows server 2007 machine from windows 7 professional. I tends me to enter the password each and every time even after following the below specifications(mentioned in windows 7 forums).

1. enable ntlm save credentials in gpedit(with termserv/* included)

2. saved credentials.

The error message is as follows:(with a X symbol inside a red circle)

Your system administrator did not allow the use of saved credentials to logon to the remote computer ABC/xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx because its identity is not fully verified. Please enter new credentials.

FYI: The saved credentials for the same server works with windows XP sp2,sp3.

Windows 7 Professional is allowed to save credentials for all other windows machines(XP, 2003).

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 6:16 AM

All replies

• Hi,

First, I would like to share the following with you.

In the Show Contents dialog box, click Add, type the name of the remote computer (server) in this format: TERMSRV\<computername>, and then click OK.

So I need to advise that the format is TERMSRV\ rather than TERMSRV/.

For detailed information, Please refer to the following link,

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Troubleshoot-Remote-Desktop-problems

Otherwise, you may delete the already saved credential in the Credential Manager when you finish implementing the action above.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Juke Chou Thursday, February 24, 2011 8:41 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Originwave Tuesday, April 5, 2011 10:52 AM
    Thursday, February 17, 2011 9:10 AM
  • Hi Juke,

Sorry for late response. I tried with the above instructions too but that failed to solve my problem.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011 10:53 AM