VX Net gateway settings, using a comma to pause? RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know if there is a setting in the VX Net gateway or in OCS to allow pausing between digits?  For example.   408-555-1212,,, 123 (three second pause with commas) then dials 123

Thanks!

INS
    Monday, April 19, 2010 3:21 PM

All replies

• Hi Tommer,

AFAIK what you are trying to cannot be done in OCS in general.  I have tried to make this work by storing contacts with "," as well as dialing the , in a dial string but it doesn't work.  I'm not sure if there would be a way to do this on the VX either, but off the top of my head I don't believe so.

Hope this helps!

-kp

Kevin Peters blog: www.ocsguy.com MCITP: Enterprise Administration | MCTS:OCS | MCSE | MCSA | CCNA
    Monday, April 19, 2010 7:35 PM
  • I saw a post about using a number normalization method, but this would be brutal trying to customize.  Maybe I could get it work for one bridge number with the same number digits for the passcode...    http://blogs.pointbridge.com/Blogs/schertz_jeff/Pages/Post.aspx?_ID=26

Thanks for the reply!  (nice blog also!)

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 3:59 PM
  • Tommer,

I know some folks at NET really well, I could ping them to see if they have any suggestions if you'd like.  Glad you like the blog!.

-kp 

Kevin Peters blog: www.ocsguy.com MCITP: Enterprise Administration | MCTS:OCS | MCSE | MCSA | CCNA
    Tuesday, April 20, 2010 4:53 PM
  • No worries, I think the problem is OCS.  If the mediation server does not understand, its pointless at the gateway.   I know Cisco h323 gateways can use commas for pauses in dialing.. Im assuming NET will also.
    Tuesday, April 20, 2010 5:07 PM