none
"Fail on load if bad zone data" option in DNS server RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everybody,

In the DNS management console when I right click and select Properties for the DNS server in the Advanced tab if we select "Fail on load if bad zone data" checkbox I know when the DNS server recognize a problem has arisen for the zone then it doesn't load the zone. All thing I want to know that is the If this option only works for Standard zone or it works well for the AD-integrated zone?

Thanks

Monday, February 11, 2019 1:08 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This really only applies to a "standard" type zone (not AD integrated). I've used it a couple of times when a DNS zone appeared to be corrupt. It will prevent loading of the zone and log errors.

Best regards,

Travis

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 1:56 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This really only applies to a "standard" type zone (not AD integrated). I've used it a couple of times when a DNS zone appeared to be corrupt. It will prevent loading of the zone and log errors.

Best regards,

Travis

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 1:56 AM
  • Thanks Travis, Do you mean when the zone appeared to be corrupt log error will not be recorded?
    Tuesday, February 12, 2019 8:56 AM
  • Hi,

Yes, If the DNS zone is corrupt, it will not be loaded and no error logs will be recorded.

BTW, I have changed the type of the thread to question.

Best regards,

Travis

Wednesday, February 13, 2019 8:18 AM