Computer totally freezes RRS feed

• Question

• As you guys can see my computer totally freezes sometimes and turns into solid light blue,blue,black.

mouse and keyboard isn't working also 

and I open my event viewer i see errors such as :

The Intel(R) Management and Security Application Local Management Service service failed to start due to the following error: 
    The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the Intel(R) Management and Security Application Local Management Service service to connect.

i don't have a choice but to force it to shut down and i was wondering how to fix it.

thankyou for your help in advance 

Friday, September 12, 2014 7:30 AM

Answers

• Hi,

It seems like problem occures when computer goes into sleep. Generally speaking, this problem caused by Driver related with Power Manager problem. A workaound method is you can try to disable system Sleep for test in Power Settings.

Since you already reinstall system but problem persists, it would be better to contact the manufacture to check Hardware problem of your computer.

Roger Lu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Yolanda Zhu Tuesday, October 7, 2014 9:34 AM
    Sunday, September 28, 2014 3:14 AM
  • Hi,

could you tell us SSD full manufacturer and version name please?

I think you will have to upgrade firmware for the SSD, and also SATA Controller drivers.

I had the same issue. After I upgraded SSD disk firmware, PC never turned off again.

Please click on Propose As Answer or to mark this post as and helpful for other people. This posting is provided AS-IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, September 30, 2014 11:47 AM

All replies

• my specs are : intel i7 4770 - 3,4 ghz ,1ssd,2tb hard drive ,1 gigabyte 760 2gd Overclocked 

"it all started when i updated the geforce and use clean installation rather than express"

• Edited by o0per0o Friday, September 12, 2014 7:38 AM
    Friday, September 12, 2014 7:38 AM
  • Hi,

According to the error message, this problem probably caused by Intel driver issue, please try to uninstall them for test if this problem occures.

In addition, according to your description, it seems like your computer has sufferd a Blue Screen problem, you can access to the path below to find dump files and upload it to your OneDrive, then provide the download link here.

C:\Windows\MiniDump

Roger Lu

Monday, September 15, 2014 7:28 AM
  • how ? i can't follow these steps i'm just a newbie when it comes to the insides of computer 
    and i'm new here on microsoft forum 
    • Edited by o0per0o Monday, September 15, 2014 5:20 PM
    Monday, September 15, 2014 5:18 PM
  • To uninstall Intel driver, following the path below in Control Panel:

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features

Then find Intel driver and right click mouse, choose uninstall.

To upload the dump file, just upload the file to your OneDrive Sharing folder, then provide its link to us.

Roger Lu

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 1:38 AM
  • https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=190c8d6e38ed50d2 

i don't have intel driver to uninstall i just uninstalled one intel engine something 

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 5:47 AM
  • Hi,

The latest time in your dump file is "Fri Jun 20 18:01:48.153 2014 (UTC + 8:00)". According to the results of its debug, it is probably caused by Intel driver. However, for your recent computer Freeze problem, Event Viewer show it's Intel problem.

As you said, you just uninstall one intel engine, please observe for some day if your system freeze problem occures.

Roger Lu

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 5:56 AM
  • i've done all what u said but i think it works. So i'll observe for it for days and tell u the result if the problem persist.

thankyou so much ! =)

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 9:11 AM
  • Hi,Roger Lu

problem still occures . . . i really don't get it . . i was wondering if my power supply has somthing to do with it 

im just using coolermaster 650watts silent gold . . 

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 4:36 AM
  • Session "Microsoft Security Client OOBE" stopped due to the following error: 0xC000000D

The description for Event ID 1 from source NvStreamSvc cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event: 

NvStreamSvc
    NvVAD endpoint registration failed [0]

The description for Event ID 1 from source NvStreamSvc cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

NvStreamSvc
    Failed to set NvVAD endpoint as default Audio endpoint [0]

NvStreamSvc
    NvVAD initialization failed [6]

Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application. The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications.

Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

these are the logs from my event viewer just now i just really don't get it . . i've done everything even reseating videocard and it's still the same 

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 4:58 AM
  • Hello ! any helps pls ..................................
    Wednesday, September 24, 2014 6:40 AM
  • Hi,

How about your problem now? Is Computer still keeping freezeing? You can try to use Driver Verifier to check if it is Driver problem.

Please refer to the link below for more details about how to use Driver Verifier:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_other-system/driver-verifier-tracking-down-a-mis-behaving/f5cb4faf-556b-4b6d-95b3-c48669e4c983

Roger Lu

Thursday, September 25, 2014 1:43 AM
  • yes, it's still freezing mostly on the update and shutting down

if i reformat my computer would it work ? 

Thursday, September 25, 2014 5:09 AM
  • then after using verifier what now ?
    Thursday, September 25, 2014 5:46 AM
  • Hi,

According to the former analysis, it seems like Driver problem and Driver Verifier could help us find the problematic driver.

Format your computer should be work, but you would lost all your application on your system. Please make sure back up all of your personal document in C drive.

Roger Lu

Friday, September 26, 2014 2:10 AM
  • it's still the same.

it only work yesteday after i formatted my PC ,but yesteday it works just fine . .

now from the start up if u go to washroom or you're cooking something you've gotta leave ur pc right ? 

after i turn my pc on i leave it for awhile and it goes to black or light blue screen like last time . . 

really no idea how to fix this pc  .   . . . 

anymore ideas Roger Lu ?

Saturday, September 27, 2014 5:37 AM
  • Hi,

It seems like problem occures when computer goes into sleep. Generally speaking, this problem caused by Driver related with Power Manager problem. A workaound method is you can try to disable system Sleep for test in Power Settings.

Since you already reinstall system but problem persists, it would be better to contact the manufacture to check Hardware problem of your computer.

Roger Lu

Sunday, September 28, 2014 3:14 AM
  • Hi , Roger Lu

Thankyou for all the efforts for helping me i appreciate it so much =) 

Tuesday, September 30, 2014 11:24 AM
  • Hi,

could you tell us SSD full manufacturer and version name please?

I think you will have to upgrade firmware for the SSD, and also SATA Controller drivers.

I had the same issue. After I upgraded SSD disk firmware, PC never turned off again.

Please click on Propose As Answer or to mark this post as and helpful for other people. This posting is provided AS-IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, September 30, 2014 11:47 AM
  • Happing just now (2014). But I'm thinking, like you, there a relation between Power Manager and Nvidia driver.
    Friday, December 26, 2014 4:27 PM