Windows 7 - Problem with stacking icons RRS feed

• Question

• I have a curious issue.  We are Win7SP1(64bit), Office 2010 Pro Plus (32bit), document management plugin to Outlook.

Here is the issue.  With Outlook open, if you open a word doc from the document management plugin, the word icon in the taskbar stacks under the outlook icon.  If you open the word application by itself without opening a document from the plugin, you get a word icon separate from the outlook icon.  Everything works ok on a system with minimul applications installed.  However, a workstation that has all company apps on it, the work icon stacks under outlook.  It is not a space issue on taskbar.  Does not matter what the setting is in the taskbar properties for the taskbar buttons, icon size, location, etc.

Friday, April 20, 2012 2:21 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Please open Properties of Task Bar, then choose Never Combine for Task Bar button. This will make system never combine the icons in Taskbar.

Also, I cannot find the document management plugin you mentioned above in my Outlook add-ins, for Office product related question, please post a thread at http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/officeitpro for help.

Juke Chou
    TechNet Subscriber Support
    If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedbackhere.

Juke Chou

TechNet Community Support

• Edited by Juke Chou Monday, April 23, 2012 6:47 AM
    • Marked as answer by Juke Chou Friday, April 27, 2012 11:28 AM
    Monday, April 23, 2012 6:45 AM
  • Hi,

As this question is also related to Office Product, please start a new thread at Office forums for help. The reason why we suggest posting at more appropriate forum is you can get most qualified pool of respondents.

I will mark this thread as "Answered". If you have any further question, please feel free to let me know, you may also choose to unmark the thread.

Thanks for your understanding.

Juke Chou

TechNet Community Support

Friday, April 27, 2012 11:28 AM