delay messages but alter the send date RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible in Outlook 2010 or 2016 to make emails on Friday for example and send them on Monday but with the send date of Monday?

Now in Outlook when you postpone emails the date is the date of making the email that is on Friday but is it possible to postpone it to send on Monday and that users see that date Monday as a send date?

freddie

Sunday, April 29, 2018 8:02 AM

Answers

• Hi Freddie,

If you are using the rule "defer delivery by a number of minutes" to delay the delivery of all emails, by default the delivery can be delayed up to 120 minutes.

However, it is supported to select the send date of a single message via the Delay Delivery option:

Please note that you need to make sure Outlook is open at that time. 

Hope this can be helpful. 

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, April 30, 2018 5:20 AM

All replies

• Hi Freddie,

If you are using the rule "defer delivery by a number of minutes" to delay the delivery of all emails, by default the delivery can be delayed up to 120 minutes.

However, it is supported to select the send date of a single message via the Delay Delivery option:

Please note that you need to make sure Outlook is open at that time. 

Hope this can be helpful. 

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, April 30, 2018 5:20 AM
  • This is correct i know about this option but then the email gets the date of the making of the mail and that is not what i want. I would like to make te mail postpone the mail for a couple of days but then when it is send the send date of sending not of making the mail...

freddie

Tuesday, May 1, 2018 6:44 PM
  • This is correct i know about this option but then the email gets the date of the making of the mail and that is not what i want. I would like to make te mail postpone the mail for a couple of days but then when it is send the send date of sending not of making the mail...

freddie

Hi freddie,

Have you checked in the recipient side? Or you may testing by send a delayed message to yourself.

I tested in my environment and noticed that time in Sent Items folder message list is not the actual sent time:

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Thursday, May 3, 2018 9:56 AM