none
Creation of DNS server in Workgroup for a set of servers in AD Domain RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Our current DNS servers are AD integrated. For a few servers (2-3) we have an application and it gets IP from DNS (won't check hosts file). To test some functionality we need to make some changes in DNS (change of A records). We are looking for a way to configure a DNS server either in workgroup / domain which is having same set of AD integrated DNS records and assign these DNS servers for the set of AD member servers and will make required changes in these DNS servers for testing, so these changes won't affect the production DNS servers. Which is the best option to configure these isolated DNS servers in AD

Thanks in advance 

LMS

Tuesday, December 26, 2017 6:36 PM

All replies

• Hi LMS,

Based on my understanding, you want to create isolated DNS servers to have the same records with AD integrated DNS. Make changes in these isolated DNS servers and will not effect AD integrated DNS server.

Please feel free to correct me if my understanding is wrong.

As far as I know, there is no such way could achieve it.

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 27, 2017 6:28 AM
  • Hi ,

Just want to confirm the current situations.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.                   

Best Regards,

Candy

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 29, 2017 9:03 AM
  • Hi ,

Did you have any updates?

Best Regards,

Candy

Monday, January 1, 2018 5:35 AM