Tasks column & SendEmail task - Customization RRS feed

• Question

• I've got several questions regarding the tasks column.

I didn't find the answer or when I found them it was for the Beta version.

1. I would like to sort the tasks, how can I do that?
    2. How can I remove some of them as they are not in the Console/Library/Tasks

Concerning the SendEmail

1. How can I get the French expression, I did not find it in the Incident MP.
    2. How can I get a SendEmail "generic" to be able to select myself the recipient from the AD (Like for the "Affected User" field), because some time we need to ask someone else an information.

Thanks

Johann

Tuesday, February 8, 2011 1:18 PM

Answers

• Hi Johann,

1.1 Good question. I haven't looked at this. Maybe they are displayed in the order they are written in the MP?
    1.2 You cannot remove them, but you can hide them. To do this you would have to create your own custom user roles, and only give permisson to the task you want your analysts to see.

2.1 Do you mean localization? If you do, you could edit the Management Packs and add some display strings by your own. However, I think the forms itself are hardcoded in English.
    2.2 You can't atm. Send a feature request to Travis and explain your situation.

Regards
    //Anders

Anders Asp | Lumagate | www.lumagate.com | Sweden | My blog: www.scsm.se
    • Marked as answer by PJohann Monday, February 21, 2011 2:46 PM
    Monday, February 14, 2011 2:20 PM

All replies

• Hi Johann,

1.1 Good question. I haven't looked at this. Maybe they are displayed in the order they are written in the MP?
    1.2 You cannot remove them, but you can hide them. To do this you would have to create your own custom user roles, and only give permisson to the task you want your analysts to see.

2.1 Do you mean localization? If you do, you could edit the Management Packs and add some display strings by your own. However, I think the forms itself are hardcoded in English.
    2.2 You can't atm. Send a feature request to Travis and explain your situation.

Regards
    //Anders

Anders Asp | Lumagate | www.lumagate.com | Sweden | My blog: www.scsm.se
    • Marked as answer by PJohann Monday, February 21, 2011 2:46 PM
    Monday, February 14, 2011 2:20 PM
  • Regarding the sorting of tasks:

It seems the tasks are ordered alphabetically (the order of the tasks in German and English SCSM Console are not the same, but both consoles are sorting the task alphabetically).

And as far as I know you can't sort them manually.

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 9:30 AM
  • Hi all,

AndersAsp - For the 2.1, (even me I was not sure this morning on the content of my request lol) For the SendEmail tool, we've got the term in English in the task column as "Send Email", how can I get the french translation "Envoi d'enail" ? I didn't find the answer in its own MP.

Anyway, I hope with the future releases it will be easier to customize this tool, I don't like to modify to much the MP because we never know how will reacte the tool when we apply a CU, Patch or Rx.... ;o(

Thanks guys !

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 7:43 AM