none
MDT Issue Deploying Windows 10 RRS feed

All replies

• Hi Daniel,

Those logs are annoying to read via TechNet, can you please delete them and share your actual log via onedrive or something like that?  Also, what errors do you see?  It looks like you have the MDT database setup to get your deployments setup in a much cleaner/faster way, but I'm not seening any errors.  (Cuz it's annoyingly hard to read)

Also, can you describe some more of the problem you're having?

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 5:07 PM
  • Sorry must have deleted the photo of the error messages, have just moved the logs to onedrive and shared. 

I already have a working MDT deployment share for imaging machines with our windows 7 images, however I have tried quite a few times now to deploy a windows 10 image, all goes well until I get to actually deploying the image onto the machines (then I receive the errors in the image). 

Thursday, May 30, 2019 7:31 AM
  • The answer is in your log

To service this Windows image requires the latest version of the DISM. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=293395 to find the latest version of DISM, 

You are running, Version: 6.3.9600.16384

You should be on, Version: 10.0.17763.1

Daniel Vega

Thursday, May 30, 2019 1:07 PM
  • Sorry I did not see that, when I go to that link it says the below, I did however install the latest version of ADK and WinPE, is that not the same thing?

To use the Windows 10 version of DISM onto a previous version of Windows, install the Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK) from this website, and install the Deployment Tools. Then, start the Deployment and Imaging Tools Environment to run DISM commands.

To use the Windows 10 version of DISM with a previous version of Windows PE, see Install Windows 10 using a previous version of Windows PE.

ADK is version 10.1.18362.1

WinPE is version 10.1.18362.1

Thursday, May 30, 2019 1:25 PM
  • Did you update your deployment share after you installed the latest ADK/WinPE? If not then your boot image is still using the old files. When you update the share it will rebuild the boot images.

Daniel Vega

Thursday, May 30, 2019 1:31 PM
  • Yes I did do that, I have just found an old ADK for windows 8.1 that I missed (which would match the version that was picked up in the logs). Hoping that now I have uninstalled that and done another deployment update it might fix it. 

EDIT: Did not fix the issue, still getting the same 8 errors coming up as before. Any suggestions other than create a new deployment share? 

Thursday, May 30, 2019 2:21 PM
  • Have you checked the BDD log to see if the error "To service this Windows image requires the latest version of the DISM" is still there or not? What version of DISM is showing up in the BDD log now?
    Friday, May 31, 2019 7:42 PM
  • EDIT: Did not fix the issue, still getting the same 8 errors coming up as before. Any suggestions other than create a new deployment share? 

I'd say uninstall all ADK or WAIK on the system and then re-install the latest ADK and WinPE. Then rebuild again and update your flash drive with the new boot image or if you're doing PXE boot, update the PXE server with the new boot image.

Daniel Vega

Friday, May 31, 2019 8:16 PM