none
Mailbox do not get any emails

Question

• Hello,

Hope everyone is doing good, i'm writing because i'm having and issue with one mailbox just one, is not recieving the emails from outside the company or inside the company, that mailbox can send emails but no receive, i have check on the smtp server relay, i have done the following tests:

1.- sent and email and verified the logs (It's shows as receive)

2.- Login from other network and domain (Maybe something with the Firewall) the same result

3.- restart both exchange servers and both Exchanges DB server (Nothing)

My Infra is the next one:

2 Exchange Server with HubTransport, Clientacces.

2 Servers hosting the DB in DAG

i have about 400 mailbox, and its just one mailbox giving issues.

Its Exchange 2010 SP3 multi tenant

i attached the log of the exchange server and the test that is sent and email from powershell and not getting anyerror

• Edited by nparedescp Tuesday, December 19, 2017 5:45 PM
    Tuesday, December 19, 2017 5:44 PM

All replies

• Hi nparedescp,

According to the message tracking log, it seems that the email which was sent to this mailbox had been redirected to others, please check if any transport rule has been applied to this mailbox to redirect its message.

RECEIVE

A message was received by the SMTP receive component of the transport service or from the Pickup or Replay directories (source: SMTP), or a message was submitted from a mailbox to the Mailbox Transport Submission service (source: STOREDRIVER).

REDIRECT

A message was redirected to an alternative recipient after an Active Directory lookup.

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 20, 2017 3:25 AM
  • Hi,

Niko Cheng! yes there is a forwarding rule, but the emails are not being forwarder and the mailbox is not received nothing, this is the cmdlets that i being used for the forwarding:

get-mailbox -organization <OrgName> -Identity "<mailaddress>" | set-mailbox -DeliverToMailboxAndForward $true -ForwardingSMTPAddress "<forwardmailaddress>".

Thanks in advanced!

Wednesday, December 20, 2017 12:14 PM
  • Hi Nparedescp,

This is "Redirect" not "Forward", please run the following command to get all transport ruls, and check if any rule's action inculdes "RedirectMessage":

Get-TransportRule |ft name,actions -autosize

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 26, 2017 8:20 AM