none
FIM RCDC- Create separate view options for administrators and non administrators RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a requirement for having separate view options for administrators and non administrators with custom attributes.

One RCDC which would cater to both Administrators and non-administrators.

Can anybody suggest how to achieve it?

Regards,

shakti

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 12:51 PM

All replies

• Hi Shakti,

Can you describe the uses case? What is your need:

• Creating users? groups?
    • Editing? Viewing? ...

Regards,

Sylvain

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 6:00 PM
  • Hi,

you can manage this part with MPRs but the use case description will be very good.

Regards,

Joris

Joris Faure

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 3:47 PM
  • Hi Shakti,

You can try giving different permissions as per your need to users and Administrator separately, in the SharePoint forms or by some MPR.

Regards,
    Manuj Khurana

Thursday, August 28, 2014 8:20 AM
  • You can do this via the RightsLevel property. Reference: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee534918(v=ws.10).aspx

RightsLevel: This is an optional, string-type attribute. You can bind this attribute only with inline rights with a data source. The control is dynamically turned on or disabled, based on the user’s rights. For information about how to bind data sources with an attribute or a property value, see the Properties section in this document.

This example shows how a RightsLevel attribute can be used with a data source. If you have used the template for a data source shown earlier in this document, your data source is rights. Use the attribute name as the Path.

<my:Control my:Name="DynamicAlias" my:TypeName="UocTextBox" my:Caption="{Binding Source=schema, Path=Alias.DisplayName, Mode=OneWay}" my:RightsLevel="{Binding Source=rights, Path=Alias}">…<my:Control/>

• Proposed as answer by kmittal82 Friday, August 29, 2014 10:25 AM
    Friday, August 29, 2014 12:09 AM