Applications I have tested with Windows 7 RC RRS feed

• General discussion

• PROGRAMS:

7Zip 4.65 works very well, albeit at bit slow when dekompressing large archives (500 MB +)

Foxit Reader 3.0 works perfectly.

Google Earth 5 works perfectly with Windows 7 RC, but Google Earth Plugin (ship simulator) does not. Installation succed but
    when I try to run the ship simulator included with the plugin,  I get the message: "This browser is stil not supported".

Mediamonkey 3.0.7.1191 works perfectly but the toolbar-player isn't compatilble yet with windows 7 RC 1.

Norton Internet Security 2010 Beta 17.0.0.45 works extremely well, but there was an issue, where Windows reported that Norton was
    turned off, eventhough it wasn't and Windows Firewall WAS turned on, when I turned Windows Firewall of the issue vanished.

Spyware Terminator 2.5.7.140 works, but way to intrusive, but I also recall it was that on XP, so I don't think that's a problem with
    compatability, but you can't be sure.

Total Commander 7.04a works like a charm.

Winpatrol v 16.0.2009.6:16.0.2009.6 seems to works smoothly.

GAMES:

EA Games:
    C & C 3 + Kanes Wrath No issues.

C & C Red Alert 3 as above.

Download Manager works flawlessly

Burnout Paradise Utlimate Box DEMO works flawlessly

Others:
    GTA IV 1.0.4.0 works well no lagdown in frames. But the loading of missionscenes take a bit longer than on Vista.

Overlord PC -DEMO- works fluintly.

WarCraft III + Frozen Throne Expansion: (latest patch 1.22A)
    When I first tried to install Warcraft III there was an errormessage: Something about renaming something failed. But I tried again
    imediately and then there was no error. The game runs a bit to fast. I had to almost disable mouse scrolling, othter than that no
    problems. Some distortion in the (cinematic) cutscenes when running on 1600 x 1200 (widescreen).

Regards,
    Rasmus Bertelsen

Thursday, July 16, 2009 9:30 AM

All replies

• Thank you for your information. That is very helpful.
    Arthur Xie - MSFT
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 7:24 AM