How Can I Test Federation to Other SIP Domains (mainly O365) RRS feed

• Question

• Hey all, quick question. How can I test IM/Calls to domains outside of my own that may be using Skype Online or their own on-premise installation of Lync/Skype? I got short notice that an executive from my company needs to do a video chat with an executive from a different company. I have not been able to get much info beyond that as my users don't really know the answer to any of my questions. I can't even determine if this company is using O365 or on-premise, but I have Enable Partner Domain Discovery enabled and I have Skype for Business Online (sipfed.online.lync.com) set as a SIP Federated Provider.

Does Microsoft have a bot or anything that allows me to add to my contact list and attempt to IM/Call?

Thanks all!

Wednesday, January 11, 2017 8:37 PM

Answers

• https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/office/Who-Can-Federate-Tool-a9e00d23

use the who can federate tool

• Proposed as answer by Liinus Thursday, January 19, 2017 10:17 AM
    • Marked as answer by Brolide Thursday, January 19, 2017 3:39 PM
    Wednesday, January 18, 2017 2:36 PM

All replies

• Hi Brolide,

Welcome to our forum.

You could run the following command to test federated domains:
    Test-CsFederatedPartner -TargetFqdn < FQDN of the access proxy server> -Domain <Domain Name>

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg398281.aspx

If there are any questions or issues, please be free to let me know.            

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 12, 2017 9:50 AM
  • Could you provide me with the domain and proxyfqdn I should be using to test O365 users? Thank you!
    Thursday, January 12, 2017 7:30 PM
  • Hi Brolide,

The target FQDN means FQDN of the access proxy server used by your organization for federated SIP traffic. It is your organization, instead of target domain.

If there are any questions or issues, please be free to let me know.            

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 18, 2017 9:31 AM
  • https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/office/Who-Can-Federate-Tool-a9e00d23

use the who can federate tool

• Proposed as answer by Liinus Thursday, January 19, 2017 10:17 AM
    • Marked as answer by Brolide Thursday, January 19, 2017 3:39 PM
    Wednesday, January 18, 2017 2:36 PM
  • That is amazing! I had no idea that existed. Thank you!
    Thursday, January 19, 2017 3:39 PM
  • Hi Brolide,

Thanks for your back and markJon’s reply as answer, this is helpful to someone who has similar issue could find this thread as soon as possible.

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 7:58 AM