none
issue in excel 2013. RRS feed

• Question

• whenever i try to open any microsoft excel sheet it generates error" run-time error'5' invalid procedure call or argument and show end button and when click on end button it resume with excel sheet.

can u please help ?

Wednesday, November 26, 2014 8:02 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on the error message: "Run-time error '5': Invalid procedure call or argument", this issue is usually caused by the Excel macro or add-ins.

Have you installed some Excel add-in or add some macros to Personal Macro Workbook recently?

I recommend we start Excel in safe mode, if the error disappear, please try to do the 2 steps:

1. Go to File>Option> Add-ins> Disable/check them one by one

2. Check the Personal Macro Workbook, location:
    C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

Then, if this issue still exists, please try to repair Office.

Hope it's helpful.

Regards,

George Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs.

Thursday, November 27, 2014 2:24 AM
  • Dear George ZHAo CHn

Thanks for your help,but problem still persists try with these steps which you listed above put problem with office 13 i.e excel still exists and even try to repair but still issues were there and the tool which you recomended to download,only excel & word files were downloaded but when try to execute dat tool it doesnt allow prompting error in winzip invalid file or archive.please help for further analysis

Friday, November 28, 2014 10:37 AM
  • hello, most of the error due to macro.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940166/en-us

KR

Monday, December 1, 2014 8:46 AM