Remote App - Prevent Saving to RDSH Drives - Hide Warning Message "the operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect..." RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

We're planning on granting access to one of our applications to our customers via Remote App. Obviously we don't want them saving anything from the Remote App onto the RD Session Host Server so we've set group policies to hide/deny access to the drives:

User Configuration - Policies - Administrative Templates - Windows Components - File Explorer:

Hide these specified drives in My Computer (Enabled - all drives)

Prevent access to drive from My Computer (Enabled - all drives)

This seems to work well enough. However, every time a user clicks on Save/Save As.. for a report within the Remote App, it pops up with a warning which says 

"The operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer hide message. Please contact your administrator"

Once you OK this message it goes to the Windows Explorer Save window, showing the Libraries (which we will hopefully hide) and the 'Devices and Drives' (e.g. "C on Desktop01" - which is where we actually want the user to save the Remote App reports. So my question is, can we:

1] Suppress the warning message?

OR

2] Set the default save location to be whatever happens to be listed under 'Devices and Drives'?

Thanks for any advice/help!

Tuesday, March 22, 2016 1:22 PM

Answers