none
Server mayhem

Question

• I have a customer setting up a new server who has used a third party source to setup his original server, the first thing I noticed is that his GPO's are not installed in the embedded GPO in 2008r2.  Is this normal if you are trying to avoid using the embedded 2003 version of Group Policy?  (This is what happens when you've stopped being administrative.)

The problem is that when I look for group policies where they should be they aren't there, they are stored in a completely different folder from what I can tell.  I'm just a little confused on the reason for this, but I'm assuming its because server 2008r2 has an embedded 2003 server group policy as well as a group policy for windows 7 and above.  I'm just want to verify if this is the case, sorry for my cryptic question

• Edited by Kai7741 Wednesday, August 05, 2015 3:55 PM
    Saturday, August 01, 2015 6:06 AM

All replies

• ...I noticed that his GPO's are not installed in the embedded GPO in 2008r2.  Is this normal if you are trying to avoid using the embedded 2003 version of Group Policy?  (This is what happens when you've stopped being administrative.)

What is "the embedded GPO ..." ?

Do you mean SBS or something?

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Saturday, August 01, 2015 7:00 AM
  • Hi Kai,

Is there any updates for your issue?

Could you please offer more information? And make it clear.

Best Regards,

Mary Dong

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 04, 2015 3:24 AM