the sign in method you tried not allowed!! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I tried to login locally to my domain using one of my users,

before that I tried to add it to (( Allow logon locally)) from local security group, but it grayed out ,as shown below :

so I tried use group policy management console ...

after doing gpupdate and restarting the virtual machine, I'm getting this message when I tries to logon to windows8 joined to domain using administrators and srashid account :

why this not working for me .

• Edited by Siyamand Tuesday, January 19, 2016 5:40 AM
    Monday, January 18, 2016 12:00 PM

Answers

• Hello Siyamand,

Thanks for your post. In the first picture you can't edit the policy localy could be due to the domain group policy or other policy override / Inheritance the local policy. That's why you could edit the group in the domain group policy.

But I noticed that you said you restart the virtual machine, may I know is the windows 8 client you want to log in a virtual machine?

If yes, you need to add the user to the Remote Desktop Users group. Then the user would be able to log into the virtual windows 8 machine. You could check the screenshot as below:

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Elaine

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Siyamand Wednesday, January 20, 2016 10:41 AM
    Tuesday, January 19, 2016 7:03 AM

All replies

• Hello Siyamand,

Thanks for your post. In the first picture you can't edit the policy localy could be due to the domain group policy or other policy override / Inheritance the local policy. That's why you could edit the group in the domain group policy.

But I noticed that you said you restart the virtual machine, may I know is the windows 8 client you want to log in a virtual machine?

If yes, you need to add the user to the Remote Desktop Users group. Then the user would be able to log into the virtual windows 8 machine. You could check the screenshot as below:

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Elaine

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Siyamand Wednesday, January 20, 2016 10:41 AM
    Tuesday, January 19, 2016 7:03 AM
  • thanks a lot for your reply.

I think the other issue was the gpupdate was not happened on that machine until I logged in with another user, then logged back again then it worked!

thanks again.

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 10:42 AM