Copying progress bar stuck at the end RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, i was wondering with my computer, why my "copying progress bar" always stuck at the end, at first the copying progress went smoothly and quickly, let's i was about to copy a single file MP4movie ( size : 2.0Gb ), it took around 15second to reach the full bar progress, but in the end it is stuck around 5minutes ( please note, the progress bar has already filled up ) and after 5minutes it shows done. It always being like this this for the whole copying progress, except smaller files.

Is there any issues in my windows ? Or should i have missed something ? Or last, do you have suggestion ?

Big Thankyou.

Saturday, May 20, 2017 7:18 AM

All replies

• Hi Stanleyalfa,

According to your description, if you use USB to copy the file, we could try to update the USB driver from the official website of the manufacturer.

Meanwhile I suggest that we could perform a Clean Boot to avoid the effects of third party software and disable security software temporarily.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

Also we could use the command “sfc /scannow” to repair the system files.

For a 2G file, the copy time need takes about a few minutes.

If the issue occurs recently, we could try to use system restore to get an earlier state.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 22, 2017 12:07 PM
  • Hi,

Haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved?
    I am proposing previous helpful replies as "Answered". Please feel free to try it and let me know the result. If the reply is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer which can help other community members who have same questions and find the helpful reply quickly.
    Best regards,
    Carl

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 6, 2017 9:44 AM