none
Unable install DPM 2010 Rollup KB 2250444 continues RRS feed

• Question

• Cannot get it to install

I have done this

Apparently, for some reason SQL cannot create a backup of the DPM database. Make sure you have enough free space on C: drive. However, I would try getting a good backup using this method. - try running: dpmbackup -db

You can try to installing the patch without a backup using the command line:

start /wait DataProtectionManager2010-KB2250444.exe SKIPDBBACKUP=1 /l*v c:\dpmkb2250444_refresh.log

From an administrative cmd prompt:

dpmbackup- db works

start/wait thinks then goes back to the command prompt, but none of the files are updated after a rebbot.

no jobs are in process

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Grey
    Tuesday, August 16, 2011 6:20 PM

Answers

• Hi,

First, I would be installing the latest rollup KB2465832 fix for DPM 2010.

You can try doing this method.

Turn off " Check for publisher's certificate revocation" Using Internet Explorer navigate to " tools / Internet Options / Advanced / down to the security section .. Uncheck this while you perform the install. Be sure to turn it back on when done

Open an elevated cmd prompt (right click, run-as Administrator)
    Run your patch like so:

Expand out the  hotfix using /x switch.

C:\>DataProtectionManager2010-KB2465832.exe /x

Then run the .msp as follows - if it still fails, check the .log file.

C:\>dataprotectionmanager2010-kb2465832.msp  SKIPBACKUP=1 /lvx C:\temp\KB2465832.log

Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by Still Grey Wednesday, August 17, 2011 10:24 PM
    Tuesday, August 16, 2011 11:53 PM

All replies

• Hi,

First, I would be installing the latest rollup KB2465832 fix for DPM 2010.

You can try doing this method.

Turn off " Check for publisher's certificate revocation" Using Internet Explorer navigate to " tools / Internet Options / Advanced / down to the security section .. Uncheck this while you perform the install. Be sure to turn it back on when done

Open an elevated cmd prompt (right click, run-as Administrator)
    Run your patch like so:

Expand out the  hotfix using /x switch.

C:\>DataProtectionManager2010-KB2465832.exe /x

Then run the .msp as follows - if it still fails, check the .log file.

C:\>dataprotectionmanager2010-kb2465832.msp  SKIPBACKUP=1 /lvx C:\temp\KB2465832.log

Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by Still Grey Wednesday, August 17, 2011 10:24 PM
    Tuesday, August 16, 2011 11:53 PM
  • Thanks

Well I have no clue How I ended up with 2250444 as the only reason I began this effort was by clickking on the latest KB article link in the dashboard.  Anyway's that link now takes me to 2465832 which installed fine.

Thanks again,

Grey

Grey
    Wednesday, August 17, 2011 10:24 PM