none
bootrec /rebuildbcd winload.exe missing or corrupt RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Greetings,

Scenario was My Harddisk circutry got carbon on its contacts, It was started sometimes detecting issues I thought OS corrupted and formatted it added fedora to empty partition.

Now I clean HDD circuitry, unable to boot to windows boot manager, So i deleted fedora partitions,

used bootrec /fixmbr, bootrec /fixboot,bootrec /rebuildbcd.

Windows bootmanager came but with problem, Shows error that winload.exe is missing.

I checked the file exists. Unable to understand what to do? and how to boot windows.

Saturday, February 24, 2018 4:17 PM

All replies

• Hi chetanjagkar,

Start from a windows recovery cd and enter the command line, then type 

chkdsk C: /f

If you find that my post has answered your question, please mark it as the answer. If you find my post to be helpful in anyway, please click vote as helpful. Regards Simon Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Saturday, February 24, 2018 5:36 PM
  • Hi,

I'm not sure if I can understand what you have done on your computer.
    I guess you made your computer dual boot.

If you installed Fedora, boot manager should have been replaced with Grub (popular boot manage in Linux world). But, still and all, Windows OS should be selected and boot.
    Please explain the further details about what you did with a partition where Windows OS was installed.

Regards,

Ashidacchi

• Edited by Ashidacchi Sunday, February 25, 2018 1:16 AM
    Sunday, February 25, 2018 12:44 AM
  • 1) Using a Windows 10 iso boot to command prompt > administrator: X:\windows\system32\cmd.exe > x:\Sources:>
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Use a camera or smart phone camera to take pictures and post images of the commands and results into the thread:

1) c:

2) dir

3) d:

4) dir

5) x:

6) diskpart

7) list disk

8) select disk 0

9) list volume

10) list partition

11) exit

12) bcdedit /enum

13) bcdedit | find "osdevice"

14) sfc /scannow /offbootdir=M:\ /offwindir=M:\windows  (change the drive letter M to the partition drive letter seen in the find osdevice command.)

15) bootrec /fixmbr

16) bootrec /fixboot

17) bootrec /scanos

18) bootrec /rebuildbcd

19) reboot

20) open command prompt 

21) chkdsk /r M: (change the drive letter M to the partition drive letter seen in the find osdevice command.)

22) this may take hours and typically displays an estimated time

23) If the commands are successful to fix the inaccessible boot device consider the repair fragile and perform the following steps:

a) Make a brand new restore point

b) Backup all files to another drive or to the cloud

c) Make a backup image using Macrium or Acronis or Paragon or similar software:

https://www.macrium.com/reflectfree

24) Please make sure to use a camera or smart phone camera to take pictures and post images into the thread.
    Sunday, February 25, 2018 1:34 AM