none
Email forwarding from Office365 to Exchange Server 2010 Onpremise RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have Exchange server 2010 On-premise and recently we have acquired 2 companies and one company has Lotus Domino as Email system and another company has in cloud Office365.

Currently, we have created Mailbox for these 2 acquired companies users ABC.com, xyz.com in our Exchange 2010 on-premise server.Also, we have set email forwarding from on-premise to the respective Email servers on a per Mailbox level (Lotus Domino server and Office 365).

As part of email cutover, we will remove the forwarding in our Exchange and the acquired companies will enable email forwarding from Lotus Domino to Our Exchange 2010 On-premise and Office365 another Acquired Company, will set forwarding from Office365 to Our Exchange 2010 On-premise server.

We have tested above scenario for few pilot users and it works fine.Now we need to set alias, Additional SMTP address for these acquired companies in our Exchange 2010 on-premise system) have planned to add ABC.com and XYZ.com as Accepted domains in our Exchange server 2010 so,we can create additional SMTP address basically alias like user1@abc.com, user1@xyz.com.But the query is should we also add Accepted Domain in our Gateway server ,Email Hygiene system Also adding these alias (Additional Email address and adding the Acquired Domain as Accepted Domain, will it create email loop since we are also setting forwarding back to our Exchange server 2010 on-premise server from Lotus Domino and Office365.

I tried my best to explain the scenario, if you have any queries please let me know to provide a solution.
    Saturday, February 3, 2018 8:13 AM

All replies

• Hi,

There're two mailboxes for one email address, it might case a mail loop as you mentioned above.
    Based on your description, the environment seems like below:

Do you want to migrate those mailboxes from Lotus Domino to Exchange?
    If so, you can deploy a migration process to migrate mailbox to Exchange 2010 or Office 365.

Best Regards,
    Allen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Allen_WangJF Monday, February 12, 2018 2:42 AM
    Monday, February 5, 2018 9:04 AM
  • Hi,

Any further concern and question about my reply?

If it helps, please be free to mark it as answer. Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Allen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 12:34 PM
  • Hi Allen,

I raised case with MS and we are working with them.

Anyway thanks for your support and sorry could not reply to your message.

Sunday, February 18, 2018 7:48 AM
  • Well, any update now?
    If it solves, please be free to share the solution with us.
    Also, mark it as answer to highlight the solution.

Best Regards,
    Allen Wang

• Proposed as answer by Allen_WangJF Wednesday, March 7, 2018 3:25 PM
    Tuesday, February 27, 2018 4:36 AM