You do not have permission to view this calandar RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Experts
    i have created Resource Mailbox(MyMR-FirstFloor) and given user1 booking delegates permission.
    i.e select delegates who can accept or decline booking requests, i have given user1
    When user open the calender of resource mailbox he is getting the below error.

You do not have permission to view this calandar.
    Do you want to ask MyMR-FirstFloor to share his or her calendar with you
    Monday, February 11, 2019 5:29 AM

Answers

• Thank you Roger for the update. 

To make it clearer, the error "You do not have permission..." shows up when you try to open the resource calendar, correct? May I know how you tried to open the room calendar? When trying opening the calendar, please try selecting name from GAL or manually typing the full email address to see the result. 

Since it works fine in OWA, maybe you can try testing with cached Exchange mode turned off. Please let us know the result.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Steve Fan Monday, February 18, 2019 9:53 AM
    • Marked as answer by ItsMe-Roger Tuesday, March 5, 2019 6:35 PM
    Monday, February 18, 2019 9:13 AM
  • Hi Roger,

>>In outlook, Calendars, My Calendars, i can see 5 Room mailbox calender's

So you mean all the 5 room calendars are showing up in your Outlook calendar list pane, you just cannot view 3 of them? Are these calendars automatically added to your Outlook or manually added by yourself?

It's safe to close one of the problematic calendars and then reopen it from GAL. 

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, February 19, 2019 7:13 AM
  • can the delegate create a meeting from the room calender, i tried that also but it did not work.

Yes, the delegate should be able to create a meeting from the room calendar. May I know the problem now is that you cannot even open the room calendar (tick the checkbox before the calendar in Outlook), or you cannot view events in the calendar and create new items to the calendar? 

What did you tried? Do you mean you tried closing the room calendar (via right-click and select Delete Calendar) and reopening it?

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Friday, February 22, 2019 8:51 AM
  • Thank you for the clarification. It couldn't be a server side issue as it works in OWA. What if we test it within a new Outlook mail profile or on another computer with the same account logged on? When testing with a new Outlook profile, you don't need to delete the current profile, just create a new one for testing.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Wednesday, February 27, 2019 5:44 AM

All replies

• Hi Roger,

May I know how did you assign permissions to the delegate? You may try running the following cmdlet to assign full access permission to the delegate and then try it again:

Add-MailboxPermission Resource_Mailbox_Alias -AccessRights:fullaccess -User:Delegate_Alias

Regards,
    Steve Fan

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Wednesday, February 13, 2019 9:37 AM
    • Edited by Steve Fan Monday, February 18, 2019 9:04 AM typo
    Tuesday, February 12, 2019 2:14 AM
  • Hi Roger,

Any update here? Feel free to post back if further assistance is needed.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Wednesday, February 13, 2019 9:37 AM
  • Booking delegate has editor access to the resource mailbox anything else required. user1 is my booking delegate, I did check on OWA there is no issue only on outlook i am facing this issue. 

Get-MailboxFolderPermission -Identity MyMR-FirstFloor:\calendar | ft -AutoSize
    FolderName User                                               AccessRights
    ---------- ----                                               ------------
    Calendar   Default                                             {LimitedDetails}
    Calendar   Anonymous                                          {None}
    Calendar   user1                                                  {Editor}

• Edited by ItsMe-Roger Monday, February 18, 2019 1:20 AM f
    Thursday, February 14, 2019 8:58 AM
  • Hi experts on OWA when delegate double clicks meeting request i dont see any error but on outlook he is getting error You do not have permission to view this calandar, i have ran the outlook in safe mode still same issue
    • Edited by ItsMe-Roger Monday, February 18, 2019 8:43 AM v
    Monday, February 18, 2019 8:13 AM
  • Thank you Roger for the update. 

To make it clearer, the error "You do not have permission..." shows up when you try to open the resource calendar, correct? May I know how you tried to open the room calendar? When trying opening the calendar, please try selecting name from GAL or manually typing the full email address to see the result. 

Since it works fine in OWA, maybe you can try testing with cached Exchange mode turned off. Please let us know the result.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

• Edited by Steve Fan Monday, February 18, 2019 9:53 AM
    Monday, February 18, 2019 9:13 AM
  • 1. The user has a delegate permission to 5 room mailboxes and  user has editor access to those 5 room mailboxes and i have noticed that the user is getting error for 3 room mailboxes

2. i have turned off exchange cache mode but still same issue.

3. In outlook, Calendars, My Calendars, i can see 5 Room mailbox calender's, can i delete 3 calendars and add them selecting via GAL, will removing calendar will cause any issue to meeting requests as the user has  delegate permission to them

• Edited by ItsMe-Roger Tuesday, February 19, 2019 12:47 AM s
    Monday, February 18, 2019 10:49 AM
  • Hi Roger,

>>In outlook, Calendars, My Calendars, i can see 5 Room mailbox calender's

So you mean all the 5 room calendars are showing up in your Outlook calendar list pane, you just cannot view 3 of them? Are these calendars automatically added to your Outlook or manually added by yourself?

It's safe to close one of the problematic calendars and then reopen it from GAL. 

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Tuesday, February 19, 2019 7:13 AM
  • can the delegate create a meeting from the room calender, i tried that also but it did not work.
    Wednesday, February 20, 2019 12:26 PM

Yes, the delegate should be able to create a meeting from the room calendar. May I know the problem now is that you cannot even open the room calendar (tick the checkbox before the calendar in Outlook), or you cannot view events in the calendar and create new items to the calendar? 

What did you tried? Do you mean you tried closing the room calendar (via right-click and select Delete Calendar) and reopening it?

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Friday, February 22, 2019 8:51 AM
  • One one meeting room when i double click meeting request i am able to open the requests but i am not able to create meeting from the calendar.

On other meeting room i am not able to view meeting requests not able to create meeting from the calendar.

For the both the calendar the booking delegate permission is editor, i have removed the calendar and added the calender but still same issue

• Edited by ItsMe-Roger Friday, February 22, 2019 10:15 AM f
    Friday, February 22, 2019 10:14 AM
  • In the  screenshots when the booking delegate double click and right click room mailbox calendar. the Booking delegate has editor access

• Edited by ItsMe-Roger Monday, February 25, 2019 4:01 AM f
    Monday, February 25, 2019 4:01 AM
  • Thank you for the clarification. It couldn't be a server side issue as it works in OWA. What if we test it within a new Outlook mail profile or on another computer with the same account logged on? When testing with a new Outlook profile, you don't need to delete the current profile, just create a new one for testing.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Wednesday, February 27, 2019 5:44 AM