Exchange Service on Galaxy 5 -excessive battery drain RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Galaxy S5 with exchange service installed.  Ever since I got the phone (this is the 2nd one - replacedonce already) the exchange service has drained the battery in a matter of hours - without exchange service running, the battery lasts for 2 days.  I have contacted Verizon, Samsung and my company - no one can fix the problem.  I have gone into my Outlook web app and run several logs.  From those logs I have googled several of the error codes and have found that the problem has affected many others, but I have not found a solution - at least one that has worked. I have removed the account and reinstalled it numerous times. I have run the phone in safe mode and it still burns out the battery. A work associate has the same exact phone on the same exchange server and does not suffer from the excessive battery consumption - which totally stumps me!  I have the log from Outlook Web Access and would really appreciate it if someone would read the file and see if they can interpret the file to determine the cause and hopefully a solution. One of the error codes refers to the 'recipient information cache', I also see in every entry an 'internal server error', and in reference to the connection it says 'keep alive' which I think, means the phone is constantly pinging the server, therefore draining the battery.  

I would really appreciate it if someone can help me by reading the log and trying to determine a fix to the problem.  I am really at my wits end!  Thanks

Friday, February 13, 2015 12:47 AM

All replies

• Hi

I saw the same on my note 3, had to quite the app from task mgr on the phone. After i updated to the latest android version it stopped.

have you rooted your phone at all and is it using a custom rom?

Can you remove the account and try outlook or another mail app? does it do the same thing?

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, March 23, 2015 5:58 PM