LCD drivers so I can use VDI to HDMI cable on BioStar GF8100 M2+ TE 6.x RRS feed

• Question

• Hey all,

I have a new dual core pc with BioStar GF8100 M2+ TE motherboard, this has built in VGA and DVI monitor outputs. I have a Goodmans 26" LCD (LD2655HD) which I use for gaming but currently under VGA cable only.

I've just purchased a DVI to HDMI converter block and I can get the 26" running with my old pc using the DVI/HMDI cable but the picture quality is fuzzy (plug and pray drivers I suspect) but when using new pc and Vista 64 OS, only the 17" Samsung is detected and not the 26" LCD. XP/NVdia control panel lists the 26" monitor as 26" TFT-TV but Vista doesn't even detect it....

Any ideas how I can get this 26" running with good quality picture using DVI...drivers are going to be the biggest issue. I've tried driversguide.com and I've just contacted Goodmans support (dont expect an answer though as LCD tv isn't new).
    Monday, October 19, 2009 7:43 PM

All replies

• Company I bought pc from said that internal built in graphics card connection for DVI wont take a converter to HDMI - I thought any connection from DVI would take a converter since it's in effect the same connection but HDMI has extra connections for sound (which DVI doesn't use)?
    Tuesday, October 20, 2009 3:34 PM