none
Failed to retrieve schema, Event ID 6331 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I upgraded the FIM2010 installation to MIM2016. On the new set of servers I pointed to the restored FimService and FIMSyncronizationService databases. Everything seemed to be working at first but after some synchronization runs some errors appear.

I cannot refresh the schema of FIMMA. Here is the error message I get:

A update on the configuration of a MA or MV failed to replicate to a target connector directory that is capable  of storing MA/MV configurations.  As a result, the MA/MV configuration data in this connector directory is not up to date.  Please correct the condition that causes the error, and triggers a resync by updating the password information of the target MA.

Additional information:
    Error Code: 0x80230020
    Error Message: (Management agent encountered an error exporting to the connected directory.)
    Operation: Clean up MAs

At the same time in the FIM Management Agent Event Log there is this error:

Microsoft.ResourceManagement.Service: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at Microsoft.ResourceManagement.ActionProcessor.SyncConfigActionProcessor.DoRequestCreationPreProcessByObjectType(RequestType request)
       at Microsoft.ResourceManagement.ActionProcessor.ActionDispatcher.DoRequestCreationPreProcessByObjectType(RequestType request)
       at Microsoft.ResourceManagement.WebServices.RequestDispatcher.CreateRequest(UniqueIdentifier requestor, UniqueIdentifier targetIdentifier, OperationType operation, String businessJustification, List`1 requestParameters, CultureInfo locale, Boolean isChildRequest, Guid cause, Boolean doEvaluation, Nullable`1 serviceId, Nullable`1 servicePartitionId, UniqueId messageIdentifier, UniqueIdentifier requestContextIdentifier, Boolean maintenanceMode)
       at MIIS.ManagementAgent.Configuration.SynchronizationConfigurationManager.DeleteObject(Guid identifier)
       at MIIS.ManagementAgent.Configuration.SynchronizationConfigurationManager.DeleteSynchronizationConfigurationObjectsByType(SynchronizationConfigurationObjectType objectType)
       at MIIS.ManagementAgent.RavenMA.DoUpdateSynchronizationConfigurationObject(String identifier, MASyncConfigOp operation, String description)

The synchronization rules show this error:

(The referenced Management Agent has been deleted. Please delete this Synchronization Rule, update the external system field or re-import the deleted Management Agent)

I am not sure how to fix this.

Please help,

Thank you

• Edited by ssbobkova Saturday, June 1, 2019 12:22 AM correction
    Friday, May 31, 2019 5:04 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

What version (hotfix) of MIM2016 are you using?

You could try a Full Import / Full Sync on MIMMA.

Br,

Leo

Did my post help? Please use "Mark as answer" or "Propose as answer". Thank you!

Monday, June 3, 2019 1:52 PM
  • Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

The version for both Sync service and Portal is 4.5.412.0

During MIMMA Full Import each record came out with sync-rule-validation-parsing-error. The sync engine is trying to modify ManagementAgentID for each Synchronization rule to a new ID.

• Edited by ssbobkova Monday, June 3, 2019 9:41 PM correction
    Monday, June 3, 2019 4:10 PM
  • Hi,

"sync-rule-validation-parsing-error" is a known problem with 4.5.412.0. Please read workaround instructions in KB:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4489646/hotfix-rollup-4-5-412-0-available-for-mim-2016-sp1

Br,

Leo

Did my post help? Please use "Mark as answer" or "Propose as answer". Thank you!

• Marked as answer by ssbobkova Tuesday, June 4, 2019 9:48 PM
    Tuesday, June 4, 2019 6:59 AM
  • Just a quick question, for background info.
    What OS and SQL versions are you running?

Did you upgrade them when moving to MIM?

Peter Geelen - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access) (user page)

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 11:02 AM
  • Yes, both were upgraded to Windows Server 2019 and SQL Server 2017.

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 8:40 PM