Windows Update for Windows 7 Home Premium edition RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have lost a lot of sleep trying to get my computer to peak performance I have tried all the troubleshooting in a different thread as well as the intel rapid storage technology fix it that has helped so many others. I run a ASUS Notebook G60 Series Intel Core i5 processor with a Hitachi HT S727550A9E364 Hard drive just recently installed due to issues with the laptop crashing and now this with windows up date not working correctly. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    • Changed type tracycai Wednesday, April 3, 2013 8:19 AM
    Friday, March 22, 2013 11:57 PM

All replies

• Papamjt

The title has thrown me a bit.  If you are looking to tweek the performance can you give us your event viewer logs?

Am unsure if you are looking for a windows update or not?

Please provide us with your Event Viewer administrative logs by following these steps:

Click Start Menu
    Type eventvwr into Search programs and files (do not hit enter)
    Right click eventvwr.exe and click Run as administrator
    Expand Custom Views
    Click Administrative Events
    Right click Administrative Events
    Save all Events in Custom View As...
    Save them in a folder where you will remember which folder and save as Errors.evtx
    Go to where you saved Errors.evtx
    Right click Errors.evtx -> send to -> compressed (zipped) folder
    Upload the .zip file here (if you can) to skydrive or a file sharing service

Wanikiya & Dyami -Team-ZigZag. www.ZigZag3143.com email Admin@zigzag3143.com

Saturday, March 23, 2013 12:18 AM
  • Hi,

What happens when trying to update? Are there any error codes? Try this:

Fix the problem with Microsoft Windows Update that is not working
    http://support.microsoft.com/mats/windows_update/

Tracy Cai
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 6:40 AM
  • Tried the fix it and still all I get is the Windows Update cannot currently check for upadates because the service is not running. You may need to restart your computer. And yes I have restarted after the fix it was ran and still nothing.

Friday, March 29, 2013 4:44 AM
  • I uploaded the file to skydrive.
    Friday, March 29, 2013 4:49 AM
  • We need a link to it and you have to share it for us to "see" it.

Wanikiya & Dyami -Team-ZigZag. www.ZigZag3143.com email Admin@zigzag3143.com

Sunday, March 31, 2013 4:57 PM