Can't burn photos onto disk RRS feed

• Question

• I've tried & tried but can't transfer photos to a disk.  I keep getting a popup message to insert a disk into drive D even though I've already inserted a brand new disk into drive D.  I had the same problem trying to burn audio CDs and had to just keep trying disk after disk (brand new unused disks) until one finally worked.  What am I doing wrong?  Is there a specific brand/type of disk I need to be using?

Saturday, September 13, 2008 9:19 PM

Answers

• Before going any further, please remove Nero software from the computer. I know that you are unable to locate to the folder directly, please run the command %userprofile%\appdata\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Burn\ in the Start Search box first and then open the Temporary Burn Folder folder. In addition, you could locate the path to "C:\Users\Sharon\appdata\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Burn\Temporary Burn Folder" manually through Windows Explorer. (Note: Make sure to check the Show hidden files and folders option in the Folder Options). I appreciate your time and understanding!

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 3:41 AM

All replies

• Hi,

First of all, if you installed any third-party DVD burning software on the computer, please temporarily remove as it might do well to this issue.

Add a file into Temporary Burn Folder

1) On desktop, right click and choose New->TEXT Document.

2) Click the Start Button, copy and paste the following sentence in the Start Search box and click Enter.

%userprofile%\appdata\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Burn\Temporary Burn Folder

3) Copy the new TEXT document file to this folder.

4) Restart the computer to test this DVD issue.

If the problem continues, let's go on.

Rename Temporary Burn Folder

1) Open a Windows Explorer and locate the path to the following folder again.

%userprofile%\appdata\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Burn\Temporary Burn Folder

2) Rename the Temporary Burn Folder to Temporary Burn Folderold

3) Restart the computer to test this DVD issue.

Modify Autoplay setting

1) Click the Start Button, type regedit in the Start Search box and then press ENTER.

2) Expand and navigate to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\CDRom

3) Right click the CDRom entr and select Export, select Desktop in the Save in box and type backup in File Name. Click Save.

Please Note: The backup file is on the Desktop and named backup.reg. We can simply restore the registry by double-clicking the backup.reg file.

4) Please change Autorun value from "0" to "1" (or from “1” to “0”) on right panel.

5) Restart the computer to test this DVD issue.

Hope it helps.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 11:07 AM
  • First, I'm not sure what you mean by third-party DVD burning software.  I have a bunch of stufff from Nero on here that I thought had something to do with burning CDs but I have no manual or instructions to tell me what it's for or how to use it. 

Second, I tried to add a file into the temporary burn folder.  I completed step 1), then clicked the Start button, copied and pasted the sentence into the Start Search box & entered.  I got the following error message:  "Windows cannot find 'C:\Users\Sharon\appdata\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Burn\Temporary'.  Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."  I tried again and got the same error message.  So I can't copy the new TEXT document file to a folder that doesn't exist. 

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 9:46 PM
  • Before going any further, please remove Nero software from the computer. I know that you are unable to locate to the folder directly, please run the command %userprofile%\appdata\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Burn\ in the Start Search box first and then open the Temporary Burn Folder folder. In addition, you could locate the path to "C:\Users\Sharon\appdata\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Burn\Temporary Burn Folder" manually through Windows Explorer. (Note: Make sure to check the Show hidden files and folders option in the Folder Options). I appreciate your time and understanding!

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 3:41 AM