Indexing issues with Outlook 2016 on Widows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• For the past few weeks (about 1 month) my Windows 10 (1703) is having issues with Outlook search. The search is not returning any results. The term used is valied since I can see the term in the subject of the e-mail on top of the Inbox list. I have rebuilt the index. I have wiped all outlook rules, reset outlook settings using /cleanfreebusy, /cleanrules, /cleanviews, etc. etc. etc., rebuilt index with Outlook de-selected, then rebuilt index with Outlook selected, stopped indexing service, deleted the index files before rebuilding the index.
    Tuesday, July 11, 2017 1:30 PM

Answers

• I get no error when searching; just "searching..." followed by "No results".

I have tried several things (in succession with a test after each step)

1. Remove Outlook from Indexing (Windows Control Panel)

2. Rebuild Search Index (Windows Control Panel)

3. Stop Search Index, delete files in the Search Index folder) and Rebuild Search Index (thereby creating new search files)

3. Re-add Outlook to Search (Windows Control Panel)

4. Stop Windows Search service; subsequently start service following deleting temporary files) (Note: Drive utilization spiked more than any of the previous steps).

5. Search started working; unreliable at first then more reliable as time passes.

I can only surmise that either the files were corrupt or the service needed a restart after the rebuild.

• Marked as answer by iSystemics Wednesday, July 12, 2017 3:22 PM
    Wednesday, July 12, 2017 3:18 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you get any error message when it failed to return any result?

Can you see any event logged in Event Viewer when searching in Outlook?

There used to have a known issue when searching in Outlook which has already been fixed. Please make sure you have the following KB update installed for your Windows 10 (1703) OS and then see whether this issue continues:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4022716/windows-10-update-kb4022716

Please let us know the result.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 7:29 AM
  • I get no error when searching; just "searching..." followed by "No results".

I have tried several things (in succession with a test after each step)

1. Remove Outlook from Indexing (Windows Control Panel)

2. Rebuild Search Index (Windows Control Panel)

3. Stop Search Index, delete files in the Search Index folder) and Rebuild Search Index (thereby creating new search files)

3. Re-add Outlook to Search (Windows Control Panel)

4. Stop Windows Search service; subsequently start service following deleting temporary files) (Note: Drive utilization spiked more than any of the previous steps).

5. Search started working; unreliable at first then more reliable as time passes.

I can only surmise that either the files were corrupt or the service needed a restart after the rebuild.

• Marked as answer by iSystemics Wednesday, July 12, 2017 3:22 PM
    Wednesday, July 12, 2017 3:18 PM
  • Outlook is the most preferred email client has a number of high-end qualities such as it Search Features.  Outlook Search features are remarkable when it works but too often it displays error messages like Outlook Search Not Working.

After working on the web, I found the solution to fix Outlook search Issue.
    You must visit this link here and  fix Outlook  Search Problem 

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 7:35 AM