none
System State and BMR failing on one server RRS feed

• General discussion

• i have a server that I am trying to backup and keep getting errors: On the DPM 2010 server I get the following error:

Affected area: Computer\System Protection
    Occurred since: 4/13/2011 9:12:55 AM
    Description: The replica of System Protection Computer\System Protection on sicm-db3.hq.sicm.local is inconsistent with the protected data source. All protection activities for data source will fail until the replica is synchronized with consistency check. You can recover data from existing recovery points, but new recovery points cannot be created until the replica is consistent.

For SharePoint farm, recovery points will continue getting created with the databases that are consistent. To backup inconsistent databases, run a consistency check on the farm. (ID 3106)
     DPM cannot create a backup because Windows Server Backup (WSB) on the protected computer encountered an error (WSB Event ID: 546, WSB Error Code:  0x80070005). (ID 30229 Details: Internal error code: 0x809909FB)
     More information
    Recommended action: For resolution actions and more information on the WSB error, go to http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc734488(WS.10).aspx.
     Synchronize with consistency check.
     Run a synchronization job with consistency check...
    Resolution: To dismiss the alert, click below
     Inactivate alert

On the target server this is the error I see:

The backup operation attempted at '‎2011‎-‎04‎-‎13T13:12:43.210198600Z' has failed to start, error code '2147942405' (General access denied error). Please review the event details for a solution, and then rerun the backup operation once the issue is resolved.

If I run a manual backup from a dos prompt with eleveated rights it works fine so I assume it has something to do with the elevated rights but I assume when DPM kicks off it is already running with elevated rights. Anyone know how to test that?

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 1:49 PM

All replies

• Are you trying to back up SS only or SS and BMR?  Try opening the WSB console locally (not opening as administrator) and running the same backup.  If you are doing BMR, then look for the share on the DPM server where it is backing up to and put that as the location.  If you are doing SS, then look at the psdatasoureconfig.xml and find the location it is trying to back up to (in the <files to protect> section) and put that location in for the SS backup in wbadmin.
    Thanks, Chris Butcher - MSFT This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Thursday, May 5, 2011 7:47 PM
  • I am having the exact issue.

From DPM

Affected area: Computer\System Protection

Occurred since: 6/1/2011 8:12:39 AM

Description: The replica of System Protection Computer\System Protection on SERVER.abc.local is inconsistent with the protected data source. All protection activities for data source will fail until the replica is synchronized with consistency check. You can recover data from existing recovery points, but new recovery points cannot be created until the replica is consistent. 

For SharePoint farm, recovery points will continue getting created with the databases that are consistent. To backup inconsistent databases, run a consistency check on the farm. (ID 3106)

DPM cannot create a backup because Windows Server Backup (WSB) on the protected computer encountered an error (WSB Event ID: 546, WSB Error Code:  0x80070005). (ID 30229 Details: Internal error code: 0x809909FB)

More information

Recommended action: For resolution actions and more information on the WSB error, go to http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc734488(WS.10).aspx.

Synchronize with consistency check.

Run a synchronization job with consistency check...

Resolution: To dismiss the alert, click below

Inactivate alert

From Server
    The backup operation attempted at '‎2011‎-‎06‎-‎01T12:59:35.496551700Z' has failed to start, error code '2147942405' (General access denied error). Please review the event details for a solution, and then rerun the backup operation once the issue is resolved.
    I am trying to do a BMR
    If i click the view details i show this
    Computer\System Protection\Bare Metal Recovery on SERVER.abc.local C:\Program Files\Microsoft DPM\DPM\Volumes\Replica\Non VSS Datasource Writer\vol_761b099a-1dc1-4d3c-b12f-7ed848af2ac1\daf0d841-fe5b-4568-aed3-4c8aadc88e31\Full\F-Vol\

Wednesday, June 1, 2011 1:35 PM