SCCM 2012 R2 CU2 Patch Problem RRS feed

• Question

• So I'm having a problem installing the R2 Client with the CU2 patch within an image task sequence. 
    I'm trying to install with the Task Sequence Method in the "Setup Windows and ConfigMgr" step, by using the "Installation properties" section to specify the hotfixes.
    It always fails with "unable to create temp copy of patch" in the logs

I've tried the following ways:

- C:\_SMSTasksequence folder method
    - UNC share Path to the SCCM server method
    - Using a command to copy patch locally before setup configuration manager step

The only way that it does install is with the ClientPatch folder, but according to Microsoft, is an unsupported method.

Others things I've done is give Domain Computers and Everyone, full access to the Client share folder, and full NTFS rights as well.

Don't know what else to try. 
    Thursday, January 29, 2015 4:02 AM

Answers

All replies

• what is the command line syntax you using to install R2 client with CU patch ? are you copying the CU2 Patch locally before installing R2 Client  ? How are you doing it in TS ?

here is what i would try : 

1) Copy the CU2 patch from package to windows\temp folder with cmd: xcopy ".\*.*" "C:\Windows\Temp\CU2_Hotfix\" /D /E /C /I /Q /H /R /Y /S

2)setup configuration manager step with cmd: SMSMP=XXXXXXXX SMSCACHESIZE=10240 CCMLOGMAXSIZE=5000000 PATCH="C:\Windows\Temp\CU_Hotfix\configmgr2012ac-r2-kb2938441-i386.msp"

refer  this http://blogs.technet.com/b/jchalfant/archive/2014/04/26/patchconfigmgr2012x86andx64clientsduringatasksequenceusingthepatchproperty.aspx

Eswar Koneti | Configmgr blog: www.eskonr.com | Linkedin: Eswar Koneti | Twitter: Eskonr

Thursday, January 29, 2015 5:37 AM
  • I did use a variation of that and coincidentally from that link you posted. I had the command line  sequence, before Setup Windows and Configuration Manager with the following:

cmd.exe /c xcopy x64\hotfix\*.* %OSDISK%\Windows\Temp\SCCMHotfix /E /H /C /I /Q /Y

But only with the PATCH= as in the link. I'll try it today with the SMSMP and CACHE Size and LOGMAX in there to see.

Thursday, January 29, 2015 3:08 PM