Re-use existing WSUS from SCCM 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We 're setting up a second SCCM 2012 server next to an existing one (for specific purposes which are not relevant here).

Can we use the WSUS-server of the existing SCCM 2012 on the new SCCM server (both have the same Windows updates configured)?

Please advise.
    J.

Jan Hoedt

Wednesday, September 3, 2014 11:09 AM

Answers

• I wouldn't want to ConfigMgr sites use the same WSUS, as they will both try to control the configuration. Also, even though it probably might work, I can't imagine that it's a supported scenario.

What you could do is use the old WSUS as an upstream WSUS, but that would still require you to install a new WSUS for the new site. In that case you can as well just install and configure a new WSUS for the new site and not use the old WSUS (unless you've got Internet restrictions).

My Blog: http://www.petervanderwoude.nl/
    Follow me on twitter: pvanderwoude

• Marked as answer by janhoedt Wednesday, September 3, 2014 11:44 AM
    Wednesday, September 3, 2014 11:34 AM

All replies

• Hi

Do you want to move WSUS? Will clients point to the new server?

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, September 3, 2014 11:20 AM
  • I wouldn't want to ConfigMgr sites use the same WSUS, as they will both try to control the configuration. Also, even though it probably might work, I can't imagine that it's a supported scenario.

What you could do is use the old WSUS as an upstream WSUS, but that would still require you to install a new WSUS for the new site. In that case you can as well just install and configure a new WSUS for the new site and not use the old WSUS (unless you've got Internet restrictions).

My Blog: http://www.petervanderwoude.nl/
    Follow me on twitter: pvanderwoude

• Marked as answer by janhoedt Wednesday, September 3, 2014 11:44 AM
    Wednesday, September 3, 2014 11:34 AM
  • You need to setup a New fresh WSUS for the Second SCCM server.
    Wednesday, October 15, 2014 6:05 PM