MMC - Failed to load Event Viewer on Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Sp2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Error opening Event Viewer snap-in.

CLSID: FX:{b05566ad-fe9c-4363-be05-7a4cb7cb510}

I tried to open Event Viewer from Administrative Tools, from MMC and also from ms-dos console using command snap-in.

Nothing. it doesn't work.

Please, can somebody help me ?

thanks

Luca

Luca Targa Vecomp Software
    Monday, June 6, 2011 11:21 AM

Answers

• Hi,

After checking the issue, it seems this is a general Windows Server related issue. As this forum focuses on Windows Vista specific issues, this inquiry would best be posted to Windows Server forum:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windowsserver

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, June 9, 2011 7:27 AM

All replies

• Probably the server need to restart....This afternoon the server will be restarted. After reboot I'll test the event viewer snap-in.

I hope the problem will be solved with server restart.

Wait for a response later.

thanks.

Luca

Luca Targa Vecomp Software
    Monday, June 6, 2011 11:29 AM
  • Hi,

After checking the issue, it seems this is a general Windows Server related issue. As this forum focuses on Windows Vista specific issues, this inquiry would best be posted to Windows Server forum:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windowsserver

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, June 9, 2011 7:27 AM