MDT or Not MDT? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

What is the best practive when creating Task Sequence for 32-bits and 64-bits Platform? (the

. Two Task Sequence

. One Task Sequence, using the for each item within the Task Sequence, the Options Tab > Add Condition > Operating System Version and select at this level the platform 32-bits or 64-bits

It is a deployment through basic task sequences a custom task sequence in native OSD, do I need MDT to proceed?

Thanks,
    Dom

System Center Operations Manager 2007 / System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2 Support
    Thursday, March 25, 2010 4:05 AM

Answers

• Two task sequences, and two settings packages.. one for each architecture.

MDT is not required, but I highly recommend adding the free MDT Zerp Touch features to ConfigMgr. MDT brings so much value, and will give you readymade solutions for things you didn't even know you needed.

• Marked as answer by Felyjos Thursday, March 25, 2010 1:43 PM
    Thursday, March 25, 2010 6:11 AM

All replies

• Two task sequences, and two settings packages.. one for each architecture.

MDT is not required, but I highly recommend adding the free MDT Zerp Touch features to ConfigMgr. MDT brings so much value, and will give you readymade solutions for things you didn't even know you needed.

• Marked as answer by Felyjos Thursday, March 25, 2010 1:43 PM
    Thursday, March 25, 2010 6:11 AM
  • Excellent Thanks Johan
    System Center Operations Manager 2007 / System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2 Support
    Thursday, March 25, 2010 1:43 PM