Getting error when running Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.GatewayApprovalTool on SCOM RMS RRS feed

• Question

• Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.GatewayApprovalTool won't complete, it crashes when running it on our RMS server, I am using the syntax below:

Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.GatewayApprovalTool /ManagementServerName=FQDN_name /GatewayName=gateway_server_FQDN_name

I then get the following error and the tool stops....any ideas what could be causing it ?

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or ____
    embly 'Microsoft.Mom.DataAccessLayer, Version=6.0.4900.0, Culture=neutral, Publi
    cKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find t
    he file specified.
    File name: 'Microsoft.Mom.DataAccessLayer, Version=6.0.4900.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'
       at GatewayInsertionTool.Program.Main(String[] args)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\M
    icrosoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure lo
    gging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fus
    ion!EnableLog].

thanks.

Friday, September 10, 2010 4:53 PM

Answers

• Going to answer this myself ;) .....

I needed to copy Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.GatewayApprovalTool.exe to the installation path of SCOM on the RMS rather than run from the supportools folder on original media which is what documentation suggests, default being C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007\
    Friday, September 10, 2010 10:06 PM
  • Correct, also check you have the correct version as in 32bit or 64bit.
    Simon Skinner MVP www.systemcentercentral.com
    Saturday, September 11, 2010 9:03 AM

All replies

• Going to answer this myself ;) .....

I needed to copy Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.GatewayApprovalTool.exe to the installation path of SCOM on the RMS rather than run from the supportools folder on original media which is what documentation suggests, default being C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007\
    Friday, September 10, 2010 10:06 PM
  • Correct, also check you have the correct version as in 32bit or 64bit.
    Simon Skinner MVP www.systemcentercentral.com
    Saturday, September 11, 2010 9:03 AM
  • Thanks Simon.
    Monday, September 13, 2010 7:37 PM
  • Installing 2012 RC and still the same issue.  Copy not only ....GatewayApprovalTool.exe but also .GatewayApprovalTool.exe.config to Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2012\Setup. And dont forget to run CMD as Administrator

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 1:07 PM
  • You're a hero
    Friday, April 13, 2012 1:56 PM
  • I Agree!
    Wednesday, May 30, 2012 10:07 AM
  • Key is:

• Copy both GatewayApprovalTool.exe AND GatewayApprovalTool.exe.config  
    • Copy specifically to Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2012\Setup

Signed

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 6:00 PM