In ProClarity home page, how does the default mode 'Standard' vs 'Professional' get set? RRS feed

• Question

• I have one system that I believe works as follows.  The user connects, changes the mode from 'Standard' to 'Professional' and each time thereafter, the user connects and the new default is 'Professional'.  I have a second system whereby the mode always comes up 'Standard' even though the users always switch it to 'Professional'.  How can we change this so that the mode reverts back to the user's last session or so that the default setting is 'Professional' for the 'Professional' users?  
    Friday, July 10, 2009 2:24 AM

Answers

• Hi Dave,

Those settings are saved in IE's cache.  If the user is clearing the IE temp files / cache then IE won't remember the last session's setting.  Could this be what is causing the difference in behavior on that one pc?

Regards,
    Amanda
    Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by DaveDoyle Tuesday, July 14, 2009 12:56 PM
    Monday, July 13, 2009 4:01 PM

All replies

• Hi Dave,

Those settings are saved in IE's cache.  If the user is clearing the IE temp files / cache then IE won't remember the last session's setting.  Could this be what is causing the difference in behavior on that one pc?

Regards,
    Amanda
    Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by DaveDoyle Tuesday, July 14, 2009 12:56 PM
    Monday, July 13, 2009 4:01 PM
  • Thanks Amanda for the reply.  I don't think that this is the issue with respect to the behavior difference on the one PC.  This is happening to all users on the one system.  

Tuesday, July 14, 2009 12:56 PM
  • Dave, it's possible nothing is being kept in IE's cache for the users on that machine.  I would compare between working vs. nonworking IE's Internet Options: Temp Internet files space; Privacy Tab > Advanced: Override automatic cookie handling (try forcing cookies and see if that resovles)

Hth
    Sean
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 2:57 PM