none
Using SBS 2003, Exchange 2003 with BES for Blackberry. WAnt to consider Android. Can I? RRS feed

• Question

• I've been running SBS 2003 with exchange and BB BES for 2 users for several years now.  With such small mail volume I've been able to have my domain name hostest outside my lan and use the pop3 connector on SBS to pull the main in.  Many said this would not work, but 5 years later it's just fine.  This allows me to keep my SBS behind my firewall and not have to worry about my ISP changing IP's on me since I do not have static addressing.  This has saved me a ton of money and works just fine.  I've had Blackberry BES installed and running for this time as well.  Again, no inbound ports open.  Works like a chanp.

So...

Considering a move away from BB and possibly to Android phones at some point in the future.

BUT...

Dont' see a way to do this with my current environment and desire to keep all my ports closed.

Question:

Is there a way?  What product?  Seems like I'd have to be hosting my domain name on my server in order to use any of the products?  This only seems to work for me today because of the BES product which pushes the info out to my phones.  Do any of the android products do that?

Roveer

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 7:41 PM

Answers

• Hi Roveer,

I'd suggest you post this question in SBS forum and Android forum for more professional suggestion. Your understanding would be appreciated.

Fiona Liao

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, June 14, 2012 7:40 AM