Does the tabular values filter work with a ProClarity Analytic Server view? RRS feed

• Question

• I created a tabular values filter which contains two named sets.  The idea is for the user to choose the named set name and then have the values appear on the colums of the grid.  The tabular filter seems to work fine with a PPS Analytic Grid.  But when i try to apply the filter to a PAS view it does not seem to work.  Could someone confirm that tabular filters do not work with PAS views?  Or is there another step involved.

In both cases, I have the dimension that is being filtered on the columns.

Thanks
    Thursday, April 9, 2009 7:22 PM

Answers

• This appears to be an issue with passing sets of values into the ProClarity and SQL Report items from a Tabular source.  I ran into this exact issue with a SQL Report this past week and I confirmed the same issue with ProClarity as you stated.  It appears that in my testing that the curly braces get dropped off and this causes issues with these report items, but they don't get dropped off when using them against the Analytical Charts and Grids.  If you reference a single member value that is fine, but not a set of values.  For the SQL Report item I actually had to modify query definition to use for the SSAS source instead of using the MDX query designer and parameter setup.  As an example I did the following:
    ="SELECT NON EMPTY { [Measures].[Reseller Order Quantity], [Measures].[Reseller Gross Profit Margin], [Measures].[Reseller Sales Amount] } ON COLUMNS, NON EMPTY { ([Product].[Category].[Category].ALLMEMBERS ) }  ON ROWS FROM

[Adventure Works] WHERE ( {" + Parameters!DateCalendar.Value + "} ) "

An example of the Excel data that I was using would be the following (we needed to hardcode the reference for values for our source, but this is an example based on Adventure Works):

DisplayName     Value
    Last 3 Months     {[Date].[Calendar].[Month].&[2004]&[6],[Date].[Calendar].[Month].&[2004]&[5],[Date].[Calendar].[Month].&[2004]&[4]}

Now for yours you might be able to set something up with using a Web Page report item and passing in the parameters that way.  I know there is a white paper around that explains how to pass in the parameters for a ProClarity view this way floating around.  I would have to track that down for you to reference.
    Dan English's BI Blog
    • Marked as answer by AseemN Thursday, August 13, 2009 8:10 PM
    Sunday, April 12, 2009 1:15 PM