DISAPLAY NOT CHANGING??? RRS feed

• Question

• my laptop is not changing the display setting from stretch to fit or any other. it shows me all of the settings but nothing happens if i select the setting and say save settings.

steps:personalization---->desktop background

ples can some one help me out

Friday, October 23, 2009 8:56 PM

Answers

• I called HP and they directed me to a Windows patch that solved the problem:  SP45575.exe 
    • Marked as answer by faraz_999 Sunday, November 1, 2009 4:31 PM
    Saturday, October 31, 2009 3:53 PM
  • Hi Faraz,

Have you installed any desktop theme or wallpaper software? If so, please temporary remove them and see if the issue occurs.

However, if the issue persists, please check the Group Policy settings by the steps below:

1. Please go to Start, type gpedit.msc and then press Enter.

2. Expand User Configuration -> Administrator Templates -> Desktop on the left pane.

3. Double click Desktop Wallpaper.

4. Choose Disabled and then click OK.

Please see if the issue can be resolved.

However, if the issue persists, please test the issue in a new user account.

Regards,

Linda

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Thursday, October 29, 2009 6:02 AM
    Monday, October 26, 2009 3:46 AM

All replies

• Hi faraz_999,

What is the screen resolution of your monitor and the dimension of the desktop background picture? If the background picture and the monitor have the same aspect ratio and the picture is the same size or larger than the monitor, this may occur.

For example, my monitor's screen resolution is 1440x900 pixels, the desktop wallpaper's dimension is 1680x1050 pixels, the situation you mentioned will occur. However, if we change to another desktop wallpaper with different dimension and which aspect ratio is not the same as the monitor, the settings shall work. Please try this picture.

However, if this is not the situation, please see if it occurs in Clean Boot. It is possible certain third party software is causing this issue. If the issue disappears in the Clean Boot environment, we can use a 50/50 approach to quickly narrow down which entry is causing the issue.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Linda

Saturday, October 24, 2009 6:11 AM
  • Hi Linda,

i tried the picture you sent but the thing would not allow me to change the setting from stretch to anyother. my screeen has resolution 1366x768.

and i even tried a clean boot but it is still not allowing me to change it so it is not any 3rd party software????

anyother ideas i am open to them.

Thank you for your time,

Regards,
    Faraz
    Saturday, October 24, 2009 11:21 AM
  • Hi Faraz,

Have you installed any desktop theme or wallpaper software? If so, please temporary remove them and see if the issue occurs.

However, if the issue persists, please check the Group Policy settings by the steps below:

1. Please go to Start, type gpedit.msc and then press Enter.

2. Expand User Configuration -> Administrator Templates -> Desktop on the left pane.

3. Double click Desktop Wallpaper.

4. Choose Disabled and then click OK.

Please see if the issue can be resolved.

However, if the issue persists, please test the issue in a new user account.

Regards,

Linda

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Thursday, October 29, 2009 6:02 AM
    Monday, October 26, 2009 3:46 AM
  • I called HP and they directed me to a Windows patch that solved the problem:  SP45575.exe 
    • Marked as answer by faraz_999 Sunday, November 1, 2009 4:31 PM
    Saturday, October 31, 2009 3:53 PM
  • THANKSSSSSSSSSSSS Taras49 Users MedalsUsers MedalsUsers MedalsUsers Medalsit worked !!!!
    Users Medals
    Sunday, November 1, 2009 4:32 PM