SharePoint 2010 Visitor with sub site permissions can't search RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

I have a sub site which has unique permissions. A visitor in that site cannot search for any documents, even ones in the library he has visitor access to. He gets an access denied message.

A visitor in the other site, who does not have access to the sub site, can search the documents and cannot see the documents she doesn't have permission to (which is desired).

The user and his permissions were added a few days ago and a full crawl has been completed. Not sure why he can't search the sub site he has access to.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sunday, March 15, 2015 8:11 PM

Answers

• I have a sub site which has unique permissions. A visitor in that site cannot search for any documents, even ones in the library he has visitor access to. He gets an access denied message.

Hi,

In SharePoint 2010, search will show the results which current user has access.

I wonder how access denied message appear when the visitor search for documents, could you capture the screenshot for it?

To narrow down the issue, please test:

1.if other vistors with the same permission as this one also encounters the same issue

2.if you add the vistor to member group, does the issue still occur

Here is a similar issue:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4130276/why-cant-users-in-the-visitors-group-access-my-sharepoint-2010-publishing-sit

Regards,

Rebecca Tu
    TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 9:19 AM