Are iPod Touch App data files saved by System Restore? RRS feed

• Question

• I have lost the data filesfor the Apps on my iPod Touch, after a BSOD in XP whilst updating iTunes.

"Restore from Backup" in iTunes only restores blank files, due to having done a sync since the failure (iTunes overwrites its single backup file at each sync), so I am now scrambling for another solution.

What seems to offer the best chance is to do an XP System Restore from a Restore Point before the BSOD - but I don't know if the Restore Point will contain a version of the iPod data files, which are stored in the hidden folder C:\\Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup.

I have found a note saying XP System Restore saves nothing from My Documents, but wonder if it really means nothing is saved from Documents and Settings.......

Can anyone enlighten me about the likelihood of iPod Touch App data being in a Restore Point, please?

Monday, March 21, 2011 5:39 PM

All replies

• All of your iTunes files are stored in %SystemRoot%/Documents and Settings/UserName/My Music/iTunes. And yes, all files in your Profile folder and registry information are reverted during a System Restore.

And if you remember, what was the error message and/or code of your BSOD?

• Proposed as answer by camdifferent Wednesday, March 23, 2011 4:44 AM
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 4:27 AM