Cannot view videos on youtube- only a green screen RRS feed

• Question

• My computer has suddenly stopped showing videos on youtube... sound is fine but only a green screen. Any ideas as to what has failed?
    Saturday, August 28, 2010 6:07 PM

Answers

• Please reset IE settings.

How to reset Internet Explorer settings

If the issue still occurs, I suggest you uninstall Adobe Flash Player from Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features and then access the following website to reinstall it.

Adobe - Adobe Flash Player

Important Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Thursday, September 2, 2010 10:03 AM
    Tuesday, August 31, 2010 7:13 AM

All replies

•  Hi,

What type of hardware are you using? Are there any errors in the event logs?

-- Mike Burr
    Monday, August 30, 2010 4:54 PM
  • I dont know whether this will help or not, but try turning off the hardware acceleration off, you can do this by right clicking on video, then goto settings and uncheck "Enable hardware acceleration".

Thanks

Sujan

• Proposed as answer by Wyle_E.Coyote Monday, April 14, 2014 3:47 PM
    Monday, August 30, 2010 6:54 PM
  • Please reset IE settings.

How to reset Internet Explorer settings

If the issue still occurs, I suggest you uninstall Adobe Flash Player from Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features and then access the following website to reinstall it.

Adobe - Adobe Flash Player

Important Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Thursday, September 2, 2010 10:03 AM
    Tuesday, August 31, 2010 7:13 AM
  • In my case what solved was install the WebM plugin from google...

You can download it here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/webmmf

Sunday, August 12, 2012 11:25 PM
  • Generally speaking, when meeting the problem like YouTube green screen,or YouTube black screen, I would recomeend you to to check the networking, change a browser, disable harware acceration, turn off the Ad-Block, change a YouTube profile...... If all these are not useful, you need to check these guides: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1230977?hl=en 

http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tips/youtube-green-screen.html 

There's always a way to solve a problem, good luck.

• Edited by Divorse Sunday, July 2, 2017 3:09 PM
    Sunday, July 2, 2017 3:07 PM